Monday, April 23, 2007

Floral Birthday

This card is based on the same layout as my previous post I made yesterday, however this one does not have all the layers that the other one did. After posting my cards to the SCS gallery yesterday afternoon I found a card posted by Tashers who had based her card on the same card I had of Julie's. I liked the uncluttered look of her card so much that I decided I had to make one too. I still had some pink and burgundy card lying in my scraps of my card making effort that day so just picked that up to use as well as another of my new stamps in my Paper Inspirations acrylic stamp set. I wasn't happy with my oval in my Mickey card; I like the idea of the ovals but as I don't have two ovals that fit into each other I decided to stick with a circle this time. I am sure I will be ordering those oval punches very soon. I hadn't used my slot punch for doing the scallop borders until yesterday but I must say I love it and it is pretty easy to do, the good thing is my slot punch is also getting used a lot more - that has to be a good thing. I ended up making a few more of these for a swap I am in.

Recipe:
Stamps: Flower - Paper Inspirations; HB Verse - Hero Arts; Circle of Friendship - Stampin' Up
Paper: Pink, Burgundy & White
Other: Warm Violet Fluid chalk, black ink, circle punches, slot punch, foam tape

2 comments:

Stampin' Project Junkie! said...

Very elegent color choices. Great job!!

Allison Rankin said...

This looks super! I love the colors you chose!