Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy for You

Last night I checked out the latest theme for the Ways to use it Challenge, this week we were asked to include the color "Opulent Orchid" in our card some how. I haven't purchased any of the SU bright colors as yet as they seem to be very similar to any range I had so I went with one I do have that looks similar called Juni Purple. I do use colors in the purple family fairly often when I create a card, but looking back at my samples it seems I don't use this particular color that often - so it was a good challenge. I wanted to make another of those tent topper cards, they are soooo fun to make and so easy (I have included a side on photo this time round for you too). I remembered I had this striped paper which has a couple of purples in it including the one we needed to use plus a teal color so it was easy to work out what colors I was going to use for this one. The shadow is again a handmade stamp I created using fun foam.

Recipe:
Stamps: Hip Girl: Penny Black; Verse - Stampin' Up
Papers: Juni Purple; Teal; White; Beach towel Bikini DP by Making Memories
Other: Lavender grosgrain ribbon; black ink

2 comments:

Chris Smith said...

Great color choices and cute card for the challenge! Teal is one of my favorites with Orchid.

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Great! I love this layout. Looks like a cardstock-saver too. I'll have to try it!

Dina