Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Spit Happens!

I just couldn't resist this little guy when I saw him recently at a stamp convention and I have finally gotten around to making something with him! He is designed by the same people who do the House Mouse images, I did think I was going to resist buying any of the rabbits, but obviously I had to have at least one. I made this for this weeks technique challenge on SCS - Triangle Trifold, I actually call this particular style of card a twist a flex card - this is what it was called some years back when I first learnt how to make one and I prefer that name as it is less confusing as there are sooooo many different trifolds out there already. If you think about it when you open your card you are actually twisting it to view the inside the right way up. I used my snap stamps to create the "spit happens" saying which I thought suited this image soooo well. The thanks a melon on the inside of the card is a stamp I have had for years and haven't used in a long time, so was great to be able to get it out and ink it.

Recipe:
Stamps: Rabbit - Stampabilities; Thanks a Melon - Alias Smith & Rowe; Spit Happens - Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: Lime; Pink; White; background by Heidi Grace
Other: Black ink; lime grosgrain ribbon; paper piercing took & guide

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Oh, no you di-n't!! LOL!! That is sooo cute!! I love that little guy so much! YEA--another trifold...I've been seeing quite a few today. I made one as well.

Allison Rankin said...

Too cute...terrific!

Michele Kovack said...

Cutie cards! I noticed you on Anna's blog and would love to add you to mine if you would do the same! It's all about networking right! Check out my blog and see what you think! Plus my son loves Australia and would think it is pretty cool to know someone from "down under!"

Anonymous said...

Frances,
That is darling! I love everything about it.
(P.s.: I got your card yesterday. Thanks a million!) Hugs

jean said...

Ohh. How cute! This little is adorable and the colors you used are perfect.

Tracy.H said...

This is just too cute! I have been eyeing these little guys...think I might have to buy a few next month ;0) TFS