Monday, May 28, 2007

Another Featured Stamper #16 card

I'm back again with another card for this week's featured stamper Kirsten DuBosque. Kirsten had a HM card in her gallery that I really liked and a few other people have also cased that card so I couldn't help myself I had to case it too. Here is her card "Hey Cupcake", as I chose the background paper I did I decided to go with bright colors for this card, I also figured this would count to this weeks ways to use it challenge which was to use yo yo yellow, which I don't have but this would be fairly close to it. I also layered all my layers onto black card as there is black in the background paper and I wanted this to follow through the rest of the card.

The verse says "How Mice of You" - I don't think the mouse about to pop the balloon is tooooo nice so maybe it is referring to the sleeping mouse LOL - I guess if Kirsten is the "naptime stamper" (as per her blog) then she appreciates anyone napping so she can get some stamping done. I doubt she would be waking them up in a hurry like this mouse though. One thing I did find funny, after I finished this card and taken the photo, I picked up the stamp to put it away and noticed on the side the name of this stamp - "Wake Up" - now for those who have gone to the Featured Stamper Forum and have seen how Beth titled this weeks post for the featured stamper, you will know what I am referring to. That wasn't why I picked this stamp to use, but is funny how things work out.

Recipe:
Stamps: House Mouse - Stampa Rosa; Verse - My Favorite Things
Paper: White, Red, Black, Yellow, Salmon, Rainbow Stripe B/G Paper.
Other: Black Ink; Black Brad; Word Window Punch; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Paper Piercing Tool & Mat; Tria Markers; Foam Tape

1 comment: