Thursday, May 31, 2007

More Bleach Cards

A few weeks ago I posted a couple of bleach cards and also a tutorial on using bleach, here are a few more cards I created or started to create way back then which are now ready to be posted.

The first card started out as a 8cm square card stock which I just folded in half and then used bleach with my solid butterfly image to stamp randomly over the front of the card. I then used the outline stamp which matches this stamp to over stamp over the bleached image using amber clay fluid chalks. I also used my stamp positioner so I would get the correct placement, I hate guessing and then not being satisfied how the image looks. I didn't want to add to much too this card because if I did it would take away from the butterfly background I had just created so I just layered the butterfly verse to the front of the card.

This lighthouse card using two bleach techniques. First up I stamped and embossed my lighthouse image on blue card and then I filled my aqua painter up with fresh bleach to paint the areas I wanted bleached. I like this look as is but if you wanted to you could then color in the various areas that you have just bleached. For the background card for this one, I filled a spray bottle with bleach and spritzed the blue card and this is the result.

Recipes:
Butterfly Card:

Stamps: Butterflies - Stamp It (Aust); Verse - Stylish Images
Paper: Yellow; White; Tobacco
Other: Black Ink; Amber Clay Fluid Chalk; Bleach

Lighthouse:
Stamps: Lighthouse - Stampin' Up
Paper: Nullabor Blue Outback Card; Black

Other: Black Ink; Clear EP; Bleach; Black Brads

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

The butterfly card is beautiful. Hope you don't mind but I tagged you on my site.

Rose Ann said...

I love your bleached butterflies, and lighthouse. Both are so lovely!

kathy said...

I love them both but I am partial to butterflies