Sunday, May 13, 2007

Quack!

Well Mother's Day is nearly over here, I had a pleasant day with my daughters, DH and both our mothers for a lovely BBQ lunch. Once they all left I had to check if the featured stamper challenge had been posted yet on SCS and yes it had! This weeks featured stamper is Cindy Williams, I really enjoy the featured stamper challenge as it gives you the opportunity to check out stampers galleries you may not normally check out and of course because you have to CASE a card you have to notice a card more closely. I like to pick a card that is a little different to what I would have done previously so while I was going through Cindy's gallery this one caught my eye! I liked how she had used the scalloped pieces on the top and bottom of her card to showcase the main image.

Of course I had to play with one of my new stamps I got today for Mother's Day so picked this duck, I think it is soooo cute! My other changes included changing the colors - I chose yellow and black; using the tab punch for my message (quack); adding black brads to the corners of the main image and I also decided to emboss the black card using the tiny bubbles cuttlebug embossing folder and then sponged over the top with white ink.

Recipe:
Stamps: Duck - MissyB Designs; Quack - Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: White; Yellow & Black
Other: Black Ink; Slot, Tab & Ticket Corner Punch - SU; Black Brads; Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great card! I just got a cuttlebug for my birthday this week but I have to wait a few more days because they were out of stock...torture! Love the sponging on the black and your scallops...so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. Saw it on SCS and already drooled over it there!. Hugs and smiles