Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Sketch Challenge

The sketch challenge on SCS today was to focus on a small panel in the centre of the card, Roxie's recommendation for the size of the panel was approx 3 1/2" x 1 1/4", I did convert this to cm so mine is a tiny bit different but not much. While I was looking through some of my stamps I have sitting on my table behind me I found this duck from MissyB Designs, such a cool duck I would think and as it fitted easier in the required panel I decided to use it. The background and colors are similar to another card I create a few weeks ago using another duck in the set but I thought seeing this was such a simple layout it was ideal for this one. I put the ribbon going up the card to hide the join in the cuttlebugging, I do wish the folders were just that little bit longer.

Recipe:
Stamps: Duck - MissyB Designs; Quack - Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: White, Sun Yellow; Black
Other: Black Ink;White Brilliance Ink; Black Brads; Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Yellow Grosgrain Ribbon

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, I love the duck, he seems so happy and carefree.

Anonymous said...

Love the name of your blog - I definitely get the StampOwl part!! Love this card - it is such a hoot!!! Great job with the challenge!!

Bethany Paull said...

Ha! Love this duck. The background looks great too.