Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Two Cards - Same Sketch; Same Colors

I found this sketch for these two cards on Poetic Artistry's blog site earlier in the week. Julee also announced that she had decided to hold another card contest, the winner to be decided once she gets to 25,000 hits. I enjoy the sketches she posts to her blog and decided to keep this one for future reference. Then last night the color challenge was posted the colors being: Taken with teal; Marigold Morning and Cool Caribbean, so I decided to combine the two for this card.

When I first started to create my card, I did pick up my traffic jam cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss my two backgrounds, but after I had embossed them and attached them to the caribbean card I then decided to use my baby and bucket. I have been wanting to put a baby in a bucket for soooo long, but up until now I didn't have a bucket to put one in (which is surprising consider the stamps I own LOL). Anyway I finally managed to get the bucket from my SU party I had recently. Of course I then changed my mind about the background to go with the baby and went for my baby cuttlebug embossing folder instead. After embossing the folder I sponged white over the top to highlight the words. And so my first card was created!

Once the first card was made, I still had the traffic jam embossed card attach to the background so it was either scrap it or create another card so I opted for the 2nd option. I wasn't going to add the white sponging to the embossed areas of this one but after I had created it I felt it really needed it so I added it after the card was all assembled - arghhhh! Somehow I also managed to get some blue marker on the left side of the white circle, I didn't want to have to re stamp my image as that meant getting the stamp out again and using my stamp positioner to get it in the right place as I didn't want anything else from that stamp on the card. So I decided to punch the notches and attach the ribbon through that way - problem solved!

Recipe for Baby Card:
Stamps: Baby First's & Basketful of fun - Stampin' Up
Papers: Taken with Teal, Marigold Morning and Cool Caribbean - Stampin' Up
Other: Baby Cuttlebug embossing folder; Circle Punch; Scallop Punch; Black Ink; White Brilliance Ink; Blue stitched grosgrain ribbon; handprint buttons; tria markers


Recipe for Sunbather Card:
Stamps: Lady in Chair - Pink Cat Studio's
Papers: Taken with Teal, Marigold Morning and Cool Caribbean - Stampin' Up
Other: Traffic Jam Cuttlebug embossing folder; Circle Punch; Scallop Punch; Black Ink; White Brilliance Ink; Yellow stitched grosgrain ribbon; yellow brads; tria markers

8 comments:

Karen said...

How CUTE!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my, I love them both! That baby is too cute and I love how you slid the ribbon through on the sunbathing card. I saw this color challenge and was thinking about passing on it, but you just made me want to try it!

jean said...

What's the saying? There are no mistakes, just happy accidents? Something like that. And your second card looks great with the ribbon tied on thru the circle.

Pam Speidel said...

So glad that I found your blog! These are fantastic cards using Julee's recent sketch. I just finished mine too and invite you to check it out...

http://smileycollector.blogspot.com/2007/05/best-fishes.html

Smiles from Nebraska, USA :)

Michele Kovack said...

Can I have your creative mind for like a week? YOu produce the best cards! Love all of them!

Jill said...

I love the baby in the bucket! That is too too cute!

Wanda said...

These are SO fabulous!

bcgal00 Rae said...

Very cute card - nice color combo!