Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Walking the Dogs

I was determined this week to combine the color challenge and the sketch challenge from SCS and this is the card I came up with. The colors for the color challenge this week are: Garden Green; Cool Caribbean & Chocolate Chip. These are particular colors I would have put together but that is what I like about the color challenge it takes you outside of what you would normally do. I didn't even know I had garden green until I went looking at the color combo site to find out what green I had would match the best.

As the sketch had a squarish shape mounted on it I decided to use one of my "my favorite stamps" stamps and this is the one I decided to use as I liked the idea of coloring the ladies dress chocolate and caribbean and then reversing those colors for the background. The green panels are stamped using the weave background which I just love with brushed corduroy distress ink. Its hard to tell by the photo but I have also sponged the sky on the main image. The grosgrain ribbon has been colored using my tria markers again, I am loving how I can achieve the color I want without tooo much effort or mess and I have sooooo many shades of markers much better than ink pads.

Recipe: Stamps: Dogs - My Favourite Stamps; Weave B/G - Cornish Heritage Farms; Dots - Papertrey Ink; Woof - Missy B Designs
Paper:
Garden Green; Cool Caribbean & Chocolate Chip - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink; Black Ink; French Blue Fluid Chalk; Slider Cuttlebug Die; Sizzix Circles Die; Brown Brad; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Tria Markers; Foam Tape

7 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

I love how the dress matches the DP perfectly! I've never heard of tria markers...are they similar to the Copic or Prisma?

Anonymous said...

I love this card. You did a fantastic job with these colors, (they were not the easiest to work with).

Tracy.H said...

This card is awesome! I love the layout so much...I might be casing this layout ;0) I love everything about it though...the coloring of the stamp and that DP are awesome! TFS

Tracy.H said...

Okay, so I just noticed that the background is stamped not DP. It looks awesome, still! :0)

Anonymous said...

First off Frances, I want to say that I think you are very cool. Based on this public persona here and at SCS, I just would love to meet you some time.
Second, love the card!!!!

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, as always, never heard of the Tria Markers, is that something in your part of the world that would be similar to our Copic markers? I have the "Birthday" set on order, really like these stamps.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautiful! You are so talented! Love your work! Chris