Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Have a Ball!

Have a ball, a basketball that is! Last week when I was playing around with circle cards for Beate's sketch challenge etc, I had the idea of making a basketball card but at the time I didn't get round to it as I had other things that needed being made first. I don't really have any need for a basketball card, as I don't know of anyone who plays the game but I figured it would be fun to make anyway so I did.

To create this I started by folding my black card (the base) in half and placing my circle template onto the folded card so that part of the circle wouldn't be cut. To cut it I used my creative memories circle cutter, I have tried many circle cutter and this is one of the ones I like the best - esp if you want your circle in a specific spot. I cut the circle at 4 1/4 inches. I then cut the pumpkin colored card at 4 inches, drew on my lines using a black marker to make it look like a basketball and then used my tiny bubbles cuttlebug embossing folder to get that basketball texture on it. The little bug playing basketball is one by alota rubberstamps which I decided would be good for this card and of course the verse was created using snap stamps, I had planned on using another verse but decided that was too big.

Recipe: Stamps: alota rubberstamps; verse - Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: Pumpkin - Stampin' Up; Black; White
Other: Black Ink; Deckle scissors; Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Black Marker

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cards are just ADORABLE!!! I might have to cave in and get a cuttlebug just so I can CASE this!! (my boys play b-ball....DH coaches)
Starla (star)

mum-on-the-run said...

Wow! Amazing cards!!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea for the Tiny Bubbles EF - it looks like perfect BBs! Simply fab!

Alhambra Club said...

These look great, just ordered that embossing plate, what a great idea.

SusanBluerobot said...

Wow I love it sooo much , soo cute

Michele Kovack said...

These are adorable! Love these!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

OMG this card is tooooooooo cute. My son is a die-hard BB fan. Can I CASE?

Anonymous said...

This is such a clever idea! Nice job on the cards!!