Friday, June 8, 2007

Never Bored to Pieces

A rather strange title today I know LOL, but as this card was made for 2 challenges I wanted to include both in the title. A few days ago Jen from Pieces of Me.... posted a sketch challenge for anyone who was interested. I thought it was an interesting sketch so I printed it out in case I had time to play.

Last night I was sitting here at my desk and I was looking at a couple of pieces of card I had sitting there that I had started to use for the sketch challenge on Wednesday and then rejected for one reason or other - this one had a smudge at the top and the pink flowers were stamped with the wrong inks - the circle flowers should have been the lighter ink - this mattered for the other card I made as I was matching it with rose red which I thought at the time was the color for the color challenge. This piece I decided was still usable if I trimmed the sides and the top and once I did that I thought I would use it for this sketch challenge from Jen's blog, the pink flowers colors didn't matter as much for this card as that wasn't the dominant color I was using for the card.

A little later last night before I had really decided what I would do for the right side of this card, Julia posted her "Ways to use it" challenge on SCS. This weeks challenge was a rerun - "Never bored with Chipboard". I have chipboard shapes here so I wondered if I had something I could use on this card - after looking through my stash I discovered the chipboard buckle, I inked it with Fresh Eggplant Whispers ink and then used my versamark ink pad over that and embossed it with clear powder. The ribbon was a little paler than I would have liked so I found a tria pen the color I needed and colored my ribbon.

I also remembered while creating this, that a few weeks ago I had purchased some rolls of tape that go in the dymo guns - one of the colors I had was a purple that matched rather well with the Elegant Eggplant on the card so I used that to create my verse.


Recipe:
Stamps: Green Thumbs - Papertrey Ink; Leaves#3 - Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red - SU; White
Other:
Grand Cranberry, Fresh Eggplant, Mossy Stone, Port Wine, Rio Purple; Butterscotch & Savoy Green Whispers Ink; Certainly Celery - SU; Versamark Ink; Clear EP; Ticket Corner Punch - SU; Pink Grosgrain Ribbon; Buckle Chipboard Shape; Purple Tape Writer tape - Around the Block; Foam Tape

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, I am just about finished with the one I did for the challenge, and will be posting tonight.

Little C's Creations said...

VERY pretty my sister!!!! thanks for taking the challenge!!

Much Aloha,
Jen

Michele Kovack said...

This is awesome! I love this card! I missed the one below with the ants the other day....IT is ADORABLE!

jean said...

What a great card.
jean

Libby Hickson said...

This is so pretty! Love your flower "arrangment" and the tape sentiment is really cool.

Kristine said...

SOOO PRETTY!! I Love this one. Has it REALLY been that long since I've checked out your blog?? OMGosh...been busy lately I guess. I just LOVE those flowers. I'm actually viewing while at work--guess home life has been too hectic lately. :) Happy for all your goodies...that's awesome!