Sunday, September 23, 2007

Eat Pink Cake!

This afternoon I was able to make my card for this weeks featured stamper challenge. So who is the featured stamper this week? Well it is Kristina Werner aka starofmay on SCS, congratulations Kristina! Kristina has quite a few cards in her gallery and as always it can be hard to decide which card to CASE for this challenge, but in the end I decided to case this one. The main reason I picked this card of Kristina's was that she used the cake from Stampin' Up's Eat Cake set and although I have had my set from at least April I had yet to use it so figured this would be a perfect opportunity to use it! Now I might actually use it a little more now I have used it once.

As always we have to change at least 2 things on the card we pick for this challenge, here are the changes I made.
  • Changed the blue to pink.
  • Changed the Ribbon
  • Used stamped flowers rather than the felt flowers Kristina used
  • Made my flowers double layers
  • Added brads to the centre of my flowers
The flowers were created using the flower from Big Blooms and also one from Bodacious . I used paper piercing to frame my eat and then used my white gel pen to create faux stitching as Kristina did.

Recipe:
Stamps: Eat Cake; Bodacious & Big Blooms - Stampin' Up
Paper: Chocolate Chip; White
Other: Chocolate Chip Ink; Pink Ink; Pink with Brown Polka Dot Ribbon; Brads; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool

8 comments:

Mary said...

Your card is very pretty! I love that you used brown and pink together. It is one of my favorite combinations. TFS.
Mary

Karen said...

I love the pink and brown! Awesome

Tobi Crawford said...

you have a gorgeous blog. can i add you to my blogroll?

Unknown said...

What a beautiful CASE you did!! I love those flowers.

Ashley said...

Oh My Gosh! I love this so much! AWESOME Job Girlfriend! Have an EXCELLENT day! Hugs! Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Deb said...

this card is stunning, I love those colours together!

michelle sturgeon said...

Ooohhh, I love this card. Pink and brown are gorgeous together!

Rose Ann said...

So pretty! I love the 3D flowers!!