Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Chocolate!

This card actually depicts what I would love to be doing right now..... sitting in a comfy chair with me feet up eating chocolate. I will be able to go and sit in a comfy chair pretty soon ... once I clean up the mess I have created here while stamping my a couple of cards tonight ... this sketch challenge card and another Hanna sneak peak which I will upload tomorrow morning :) .

Today a friend & I went to a local craft show ..... it was my turn to drive which I had not complaints about ... we arrived at the venue and were ready to drive into the car park but for some odd reason there was a long line of cars waiting to get in and none of them were moving ... after a few minutes my friend decided to investigate what the problem was. Apparently the power had gone out in the venue so the boom gates and ticket dispenser were not operating .... so there we sat behind the other cars for about 20 or so mins. In the meantime my friend decided to get out of the car and purchase our tickets while I was waiting to get into the car park. Eventually movement was happening at another entrance which technically we weren't supposed to use ...... but after dozens of cars starting driving in that way and were not coming back or the cars were not at a stand still I decided to try it myself ........ finally I was in the car park ... they had lifted the boom gates .... but still no ticket dispenser so we had to park without one .... the electricity was still off ...... so I had to turn on my lights it was that dark in there!

After parking I went on up to the foyer of the venue to find my friend ........ no she wasn't in the line that was going into the venue ... so where was she ... I finally found her in the very long queue to buy tickets which had stopped selling because they too had no power .... so another 20 min wait while they tried to figure out what they could do to get us in.

Well after all that hassle I only came home with 1 stamp ..... yeap you heard right ONE! Oh that wasn't all I got .... I did buy a new daylight lamp as my other only worked when it wanted .... this one is so much better than what I had previously and also has a magnifier if I need it. My other purchase was a score it board which I have been wanting for sometime and the great news about this is the measurements are in metric which is what I work in mostly so another plus!

Ok back to the card! As I said previously this is for this weeks sketch challenge .... I am later posting today ... because of the above and also when I did come home and come to check SCS for the sketch it was down for maintenance LOL!

As well as using my new My favorite Things set I got recently I was able to use my defining Chocolate stamp I got last year and hadn't used yet .... it works well with this set.


Recipe:
Stamps: How Sweet It Is - My Favorite Things; Defining Chocolate - Stamp It (Aust)
Paper: Pretty In Pink, Rose Red & Chocolate Chip - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Black Ink; Chocolate Chip Ink; Brown & Pink Brads; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Photo Corner Punch; Foam Tape.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

After your day, you deserve to put your feet up and eat some chocolate. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Your card is wonderful, as always. Sounds like a real ordeal at the craft show. Glad you came home with some goodies, after all the hassles. I hope you've got your feet up by now...

Diane said...

Lol,never know how our day will turn out to be right! Oh well at least you bought one stamp,it's better than none.Btw...it's a beautiful card!!

Shannon Tompkins said...

I love MFT stamps - I have 2 sets that remain uninked - glad I've found a bit of time to stamp. Have a good nite - I'm just starting my day.

michelle sturgeon said...

Wow, what a hassel!

Ila said...

Wow! What a day!! and only 1 stamp....
I love chocolate and I love this card!! Your coloring and design is perfect.

You are tagged...please check my blog..
www.artfullyila.blogspot.com

Juliana said...

Wow!
What a day--You NEED chocolate!!

I love these stamps together!! Such yummy colors, too!