Friday, October 26, 2007

Genuine One & Only

I am a little late this week posting my card for the challenge I do with some Fab Friends on SCS. This week we had to CASE Jimmi's card that she actually created for a challenge I hosted for my first VSN.

I decided to go with my trusty Wanted & Bronc Buster stamp sets again .... I so love these sets. I do go a slightly different color combo then I normally do when using this set as I decided to make use of the sage color that is behind the striped paper.

This is a side folding card so my card is cut 29.6cm x 10.5cm and then folded in half so it measures 14.8 x 10.5cm when folded (approx 5 3/4inches x 4 1/8"). I then layered my first DP to my card ... this is the plain sage color on the reverse of the stripes, I sponged the edges with choc chip ink and also stamped the "Genuine" image to the top right hand side using the same ink and a few flourishes using really rust ink.

I wanted particularly DP to show on either side of the piece that is folded so I actually taped two pieces together (yeah I know it was already double sided ... but I didn't like what was showing on the other side of either of the DP for this particular card!) The top right edge is folded down but I was careful not to crease the folded too much I wanted it rounded. Before adhering it to the card I also punched the holes for my brown brads.

I used orange star brads to decorate the thin choc chip strip ... which I colored up a bit by using a darker brown alcohol marker and then sanded slightly. These were placed on the brown strip which was adhered to the left side of the card.

Finally I used my nestabilities dies to create my various circles and stamp the horse to the vanilla piece in choc chip, layered the circles and mounted it to my card using foam tape.

Recipe:
Stamps: Wanted & Bronc Buster - Stampin' Up
Paper: Vanilla, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip & Outlaw DP - Stampin' Up
Other: Chocolate Chip & Really Rust SU Ink; Orange Star Brads; Brown Brads; Circle Nestabilities

Publish Post

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous!!! It was worth the wait.

michelle sturgeon said...

This is GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! I LOVE it!

Ila said...

What a Fabulous card!! I love this look...and the paper you used.