Saturday, October 20, 2007

Girls Night Out Shopping!

Hanna's out shopping again and this time with her girlfriends (you can't see her girlfriends here but believe me they are there ... more than likely trying on something in a shop!). This card is a combo of two challenges, firstly it is Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge and it is also for one of the VSN Mini Challenges "Abundant Supplies".

For the Abundant Supply challenge we had to create a card using at least the following items:
  • 2 stamped images,
  • 4 layers,
  • 6 colors, and
  • 8 embellishments (ribbons, brads, eyelets, buttons, charms, punched shapes, etc.)
We could use more if we wanted as long as we used at least this much. I think this card meets all these points .... there are more then 6 colors in the background paper alone, definitely more than 4 layers and 8 embellishments easy ..... remember to count the punched shapes of the born to shop verse and even the paper piercing is an embellishment!

All the card and papers here are from the DCWV stacks, I had friends here during the week who told me about some fantastic bargains on these items at one of our local stores ... so of course I had to check it out for myself and of course yes I came home with a few stacks in varying sizes. The background paper on this card is from the glitter stack ... it actually has clear glitter randomly applied over the paper ... you most probably can't see that online but in real life it looks great!

Hanna's dress was paper pieced .... I stamped it onto the yellow card that I used for one of the layers and cut the dress out and adhered over the main image.

Recipe:
Stamps: But I need it Set - Hanna Stamps; Verse - Stamp It (Aust)
Papers: DP from DCWV Glitter Stack; Yellow, Olive & Orange Card from DCWV Brights Card Stack; White Card
Other: Black Ink; Ticket Corner Punch; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Circle Nestabilities; Circle Punches; Yellow & Orange Brads - Making Memories; Olive Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her ... I love this card! Delightful colors and the sketch is one that I "must" try next week! Fabboooo job indeed!


~Tex

Andrea, said...

This is a fabulous card, I love the fresh colours you have used and the colouring matches perfectly.

Kendra said...

This is gorgeous! Wow - what a challenge that was & you did it perfectly. ~ Kendra

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Frances! Love the colors, the paper and all the details! You rock!
Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

Vicki G said...

Look at Her Frances!!! She is absolutely adorable!!! Love the DP, the brads and the $ sign in the middle of the sentiment!!!!

Precious!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki

Memories of Time said...

I love that Hanna girl!! AWESBOMB card!! :)

Lori said...

Looks great! Love the bold colors you chose.

Unknown said...

This is my very favourite Hanna
card partly because of the lovely background paper