Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Black & White with a Splash of Color!

Black & White with a splash of color! This was the challenge that Sherry & Jeanne are running this week for their Just Because We Wanna (JBWW) challenge on their blogs.

For my card I decided to go with black and white with a splash of red. I stamped the penguin from Gina K's Sandy Claws set onto my white card and used my circle nestabilities to cut out my various colored circles you can see here. The background is created using the snowflake cuttlebug embossing folder. The black strip is layered onto red card and I used my scallop scissor to create the fancy edge. The black & white polka dot ribbon was tied around the strip, paper piercing was added to the top and bottom of this strip.

The layout from this card is from Jen of Iheart2stamp's weekly "sketch for you to try" (sfytt).

Recipe: Stamps: Sandy Claws Set - Gina K; Greeting - Papertrey Ink
Papers: White; Black; Real Red - SU
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Scallop Scissors; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; B & W Polka Dot Ribbon; Snowflake Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Black Brads; Foam Tape

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You smartie!!! Perfect colors for a penguin card!

Mary said...

I love working with black, white and red when ever I can. Your card is so awesome. Love the little penguin stamp too.

Mary

Ila said...

Love this penquin card!!.....the red sure sets it off.

Kristine said...

SOO CUTE!! OMGosh, I see pink snowflakes down below!! :) Gotta go check that out.

Unknown said...

Sooooo adorable!! Love your B&W&color card.