Thursday, November 15, 2007

Buckle Up for Christmas!

This week our challenge with my fab/sassy friends on SCS was to create a buckle card. I also wanted to combine it with this weeks color challenge. It has been a few weeks since I have done the color challenges and I really liked this color combo this week which is to use Pomegranate, Kraft and White. I don't often use kraft card but I had some here so it was fun to give it a shot.

The main image is one I got in an order this week and is by Inque Boutique ... it is a two parter (there is an optional border that you can add to it which was way to big for this card). And of course I used my square nestabilities for my layering.

For the inside I stamped my verse in pomegranite .... I didn't like the edge that can be seen when the card is closed plain so I added the flourishes and also the photo corner.

Here is a view of the card when it is open.

Recipe:
Stamps: Bauble Frame - Inque Boutique; Silent Night Script - Stamp It (Aust); Merry Christmas Verse - Paper Inspirations; Seasons of Joy - Stampin' Up; Texture - Lucy's Stamps
Paper: Pomegranate, Kraft - SU; White
Other: Pomegranate SU Ink; Photo Corner Punch; Square Nestabilities; Micro Brads; Foam Tape

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous creation!! I love the CC with the buckle...great job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a great card, your colors are fabulous and the design is cool!

Ila said...

So Beautiful!! This card is totally Amazing...I love everything about it.

Unknown said...

Gai said
This is so nice. Yes... I know its
not a Hanna card. Can't wait to
do this