Sunday, December 9, 2007

Friendship ... the Sweetest Flower

It is always exciting when a friend is chosen as the featured stamper and today is no exception ... I am sooooo excited for my friend Charlene aka LilLuvsStampin on SCS! Charlene is one of my friends that I do the CCEE challenges with every Monday and is such a very nice person .... congratulations Charlene.

It was hard to decide what of her cards to CASE but I finally went with this one. I love that flower stamp so it wasn't hard to chose that one ... the hard part was finding at least 2 things to change as per the rules, here is what I ended up changing:
  • changed the colors slightly ... I kept the black but I used a different color pink
  • changed the color ink used to stamp my flowers
  • used a different verse
  • stamped my verse of a second piece of colored card and punched it out using an oval punched and layered onto black ovals.
  • used a different black ribbon.
I used the same technique as Charlene to create the color on my white gloss card ... this was done by applying rose red ink onto a baby wipe and swiping this across the gloss card. this made the card look closer to regal rose which is what used for my base card. The flowers are stamped using bravo burgundy ink.

Recipe:
Stamps: Blush - Penny Black; Verse Papertrey Ink
Paper: White Gloss; Black; Regal Rose - SU
Other: Black Ink; Rose Red & Bravo Burgundy SU Ink; Oval Punch; Black Brads; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Baby Wipes




3 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

Your card turned out beautiful! I love the simplicity of it and the colors are GREAT! {SMILES}

Vicki G said...

This is Gorgeous!!!!!

Unknown said...

Its gorgeous!! I love how this turned out, you rocked this challenge!