Thursday, December 20, 2007

Rain or Shine!

I received my My Favorite Things order earlier in the week and have been wanting to play with this set .... well I finally got around to playing! The sketch for this card is this weeks MFT sketch challenge which can be found in the Members Forums of SCS.

I finally used my rectangle nestabilities on this card too ... I have had them for a few weeks now. The scallop rectangle wasn't exactly the right size for the image ... so I just cut across the rectangle at the end of one of the scallops and then joined it up again so that one of the scallops is overlapping the other ... I know it is joined and I can't see the join :)

I used the same DP as I used for my cupcake card I created last night ... I thought it would make a nice coat so just had to use it again ... I paper pieced the coat on the girl and also the dog ... but it is harder to see the pattern on the dogs coat.


Recipe:
Stamps: Rain or Shine & Let's go for a Walk - My Favorite Things
Paper: White; Only Orange & Summer Sun - SU; DP - Imaginisce
Other: Black Ink; Bisque Fluid Chalk; Rectangle Nestabilities; Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Oval Punch; Photo Corner Punch; Orange Grosgrain Ribbon; Orange Brads

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is sooo pretty! I love what you do with your MFT sets! Great job!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the monchormatic look and sketch.

Vicki G said...

Frances, this is just the sweetest sweetest card!!!! Love the colours!

Vicki

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

It's beautiful, Frances! The colors and textures are awesome!

Lynn Put said...

This is so great, I love the cheery yellow and how you paper pieced her coat!