Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cranberry Bird


Today I had a couple of friends over for a club we have every month. As it is my birthday this coming Monday (Easter Monday) .... we also got to have birthday cake and I got some presents. Both friends gave me DP as part of my birthday present so I thought I would use one of those for today's sketch challenge card. The bird is one I got in a set on the weekend when I was at the paper crafts show that was up here.

The sketch today consists of 3 pieces across the centre panel .... I decided to have the two end pieces match using the DP one of my friends gave me and the middle piece is card which I embossed using the fantasy flower embossing folder and then used my sponging blocks to add the black to the panel. The bird was stamped using cranberry crisp ink on vanilla card and layered to black card .... I used old paper distress ink on the edges of this piece.

Recipe:
Stamps: Birds Galore - Inkadinkadoo
Paper: Vanilla, Cranberry Crisp & Barely Banana - SU; Glam DP - Crate Paper
Other: Black Ink; Cranberry Crisp SU Ink; Old Paper Distress Ink; Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon;
Petaloo Flowers; Foam Tape

7 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is gorgeous, Frances! I LOVE your bird stamp and your new DP.

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely card! How lucky are you to have such nice friends who buy you fun, stamping related birthday presents! Hope you have fun playing.

Linda Carson said...

Lovely, just lovely!

Unknown said...

Simply gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!
I love the colors--and how you used the sketch!!!

Laura lok said...

wow awesome card love the whole thing

Jacqueline said...

Wow, this is such a pretty card!