Saturday, March 15, 2008

Engagement Wishes!

I had a fun day today as I am demoing at a local paper crafts show this weekend, today was the first day of the show and it was fun catching up on people who read my blog regularly. Thank you to all those who came up and said hi ... it is great to know someone reads this :).

I needed an engagement card for my daughter and her partner in a couple of weeks time and I had taken the stamp out this morning and put on my desk to remind me to make it ... when I saw Beate's weekend sketch for this week I decided it was just the right sketch for the image I wanted to use.

I stamped the image onto white card using black ink ... the dress for the girl was stamped on Papertrey Inks new patterned paper and paper pieced over her dress .... I used my paper piercing mat & tool to pierce the top corners of this card and then layered it to my rectangle nestabilities. I did have to join my scallop rectangle to get the size I needed for this image.

I used my swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder for the background of my base card ... I have a feeling this embossing folder is going to get a lot of use ... it has to be one of my favorites.

I didn't have the sentiment in the size I needed to so used my computer to generate the sentiment and printed it out. .. after layering it to my card I added 2 blue pearls that I purchased today at the show to the top corners of the sentiment.

Recipe:
Stamps: Sealed with a Kiss - Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Soft Sky & Bordering Blue - SU; DP - Papertrey Ink
Other: Black Ink; Bordering Blue SU Ink; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Rectangle Nestabilities; Blue Striped Ribbon; Paper Piercing Mat & Guide; Blue Pearls; Foam Tape

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, like always! How fun to do a craft show!
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

It sounds like you're having fun at the stamp show! Your card is so beautiful...I'm sure DD and soon to be SIL will love it as much as you do them.

Christie Ortman said...

This is so prettie Francis! I love the colors you used and the cuttlebug folder is right at the top of my wish list!! I'm loving this card - into my favs!!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card as always Francis! You know I LOVE this stamp, and the colors you used are just gorgeous. I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled with it!! Have fun at your craft show!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I so could use this card! A friend of mine just got engaged. I really like the embossed background.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! I love what you've done with the colors and the paper piercing!! :)

K said...

This is such a nice card. I love how the colors go together so well. I would love to feature your card on Inspirational, a blog to share fantastic work with the stamping world (www.inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com). I just need your permission. Just send me an email to the address on my blog: www.kvernon.blogspot.com. All of your work is great!

Kim said...

TOO FUNNY!! Love that stamp!

Anonymous said...

Its a funny engagement card i would like to see some more engagement cards...
Plastic Business Cards
print VIP cards