Monday, April 14, 2008

Butterfly Ears!


It's time for another Goofy Name Featured Stamper challenge with my goofy CCEE friends on SCS ... each month we pick a name that appeals to us on SCS and create a card around that name and then send them all our cards. This month the name we are featuring is "Butterfly Ears".

It is always interesting to discover why people pick the names they do to use in places like SCS ... my friend asked Butterfly Ears about her name sometime ago and it is because her dog that she uses in her avatar has ears that look like butterflies.

So the brief for our card this month was to create a card with 2 butterflies because most people have two ears, and we had to also include 4 paw prints cause most dogs have 4 legs. I decided to go for a dog theme rather than a butterfly theme as it is much easier to include 2 butterflies in with a dog theme then it is to include 4 paw prints with a butterfly theme.

To create my card I selected a dog that you could see it's 4 paws .. not all dog images you can ... often it is only 2 or 3 you can see. Now as Cindy stated paw prints not paws ... I have covered my bases by using my paw print roller wheel on the background of my card. I will probably get the buzzer (as my friend Cindy calls it) for this lol cause there are way more then 4 paw prints there ... but that is ok ;). Adding the 2 butterflies was easy for this card!

I used my script cuttlebug embossing folder on the red panel on the left side of my card .... I layered this to a brown piece that I used my corner rounder on to create the scallops. And added my brown ribbon to the top of the card.

I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge again for the layout for this card.

Recipe: Stamps: Dog - Rubbernecker; Butterflies & Paw Roller Wheel - SU; Sentiment - Hanna Stamps
Paper: White; Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip & Real Red - SU
Other: Black Ink; Creamy Caramel SU Ink; Script Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Word Window Punch; Corner Rounder; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape

3 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Aww, it's adorable! Hope you don't get the buzzer!

Linda Carson said...

Fun card! Wish my dog would bring me flowers....

Unknown said...

Aww, he's so sweet and adorable!! Great job with the challenge!!