Monday, April 7, 2008

Cheeky Monkey!


It's Monday again so that means another challenge with my goofy CCEE friends on SCS. This week we were challenged to create a card with 2 buckles on it. When I first heard of this challenge my first thoughts were to use a shoe stamp that had buckles on it and combine it with the verse "1, 2 ... Buckle my shoe" ... however when I looked through my shoe collection of stamps I couldn't find one that clearly showed a buckle ... so I had to go to plan b.

I could have just made a card and added 2 buckles to it .... but I wanted something different .... so I started thinking about what else would have a buckle on it and came up with overalls. So as you can see that is what I made a pair of overalls .... and of course that has 2 buckles on it. I decided to go with blue for boys as I wanted to use this little monkey from High Hopes Stamps that I got recently.

The blue card used here actually has little corrugated type lines on it ... I thought this looked a bit like corduroy.

Recipe:
Stamps: Monkey & Monkey word - High Hopes Stamps; Pocket - SU; Tartan Plaid Backgrounder - CHF
Paper: White; Dark Blue Soft Lines Card
Other: Black Ink; Night of Navy SU Ink; Gold Buckles; Blue Button Brads from Gina K Designs; Blue Eyelets; Foam Tape


15 comments:

csroyal said...

Fantastic card!

Cushla O'Connell said...

Another great card idea! Just love the style of your work. What is your favourite technique for coloring in?

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Oh my gosh, you are a stinkin' genius Frances!! It's awesome!

LAZY-TROUT said...

FAB!!!! Just love it!

Joyce said...

This is just too cute!!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

How clever of you to create your own pair of overalls! This is really, really cute!

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute! What a clever idea! I love it!

Linda Carson said...

tooooo cute, toooo fun & tooo clever!

Laura lok said...

so very clever and oh so cute

Unknown said...

Adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I started laughing as soon as the picture appeared on my screen. This is *so* darn cute! I love it!!! You are so clever to have come up with this design! Love that little monkey, too :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so very cute!!!

Lastel said...

Awesome card , love it !

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest card ever! I love reading your blog. You are very talanted.

Anonymous said...

**smiling from ear to ear**
This is just plain ADORABLE! I love the 'overalls' look!