Sunday, April 13, 2008

Life's A Beach ... Tee-rific!

Well today I have a couple of cards to share with you all. These cards are for the Hanna Stamps challenge this week on the Hanna Stamps member forums of SCS which is to create a shaped card. I have been wanting to make a circle card using my nestabilities for sometime now so I decided to do one of these for this particular swap. And the Riley Moose stamps from Hanna Stamps are the perfect size for these cards. I used the larger of my circle nestabilities to create my various layers for my "Life's a Beach" card.

This was a fairly simple card to create .... after cutting my shapes .... I stamped my image onto the white card and colored using my copic markers. I also used my yellow spica pen on the sand area to give it a glitter look. Doesn't Riley look like he is having fun!

Oh btw how did I make this into a card when I used my cuttlebug .... I cut two scallop circles ... on the back circle I measured down from the top approx 2cm ... scored & folded along this mark and then applied tape to the top portion and attached it to the front scallop ... viola!!!!! I now have a card that will open ... I use this method a lot esp if I only have a short supply of card I want to use as the base of my card.

Here is another card I made for this challenge ... actually I made this one first but wasn't 100% sure if I liked it so decided to make the other ... but I came back to it this morning and added the sentiment and now I don't mind it quite so much which is why I am posting it. It probably could still have a few improvements done to it, but you get the idea anyway.

For this one I cut the circles again using my nestabilities and then I ran the white circle through again using my bubbles cuttlebug embossing folder.

Riley was stamped twice and cut out ... the 2nd image I only cut out his head and attached it over the other image using foam tape. The grass is cut using the cricut ... it is leftovers I have had sitting here for about 12 months ... it finally had a use! And finally my sentiment.

Recipes:

Life's A Beach:
Stamps: Hammock Riley - Hanna Stamps; Sentiment - Impression Obsession
Paper: White; Pumpkin Pie - SU; Lakeshore - Bazzill
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Yellow Spica Pen; Copics

Tee-rific Day!
Stamps: Golf Riley - Hanna Stamps; Sentiment - Hambo Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Green
Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Cricut

9 comments:

Kimme said...

Very Cute! I can't believe that you can create such beautiful work so late at night. You are the Queen Owl ;)

Shannon Tompkins said...

They both are so cute and the golf one is to die for - I am going to have to case that one from you!

Anonymous said...

Hush UUUUUUP! These are delightful and fun, Frances!! The golf ball is entirely clever, Missy!

Anonymous said...

These are both so adorable!!!

Linda said...

More wonderful cards from your hands.I'm often around in your blog to find inspiration.Thank you!!
I've left an award for you in my blog ;o)

Unknown said...

They're both so adorable!! I love them!!

Linda Carson said...

Aren't you clever?! These cards are too creative. Love the golf ball one...!

Jennie Skaggs said...

What darling cards....love the circles and all the details. Jennie

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

OMG Frances what adorable cards. Especially that golf ball one..too clever!!!!! chris