Thursday, April 3, 2008

Love Grows!


I am sure you have all heard the saying " April Showers bring May flowers" this is what inspired the challenge I do with my fab/sassy friends this week .... our challenge was to create a rain themed card .... of course as I have releases this week I tried to combine this challenge with one of the sets I have been featuring and after some thought came up with this card. Why this girl is digging out carrots in the rain I am not sure ... possibly so she can feed her pet rabbit who is hungry ;).

This card features 3 sets from My Favorite Things .... the main stamps used here are from the new set " Can Ya Dig It?" which is due for release later tonight 2nd April. The girl, carrot, rabbit and Love Grows sentiment are all from this new set. The other sets used here are "Behind the Scenes" & "Rain or Shine".

To create this card I stamps the solid polka dot background stamp from Behind the Scenes onto white card using close to cocoa SU ink. I then stamped the girl so that the dress fitted completely onto this background . I then stamped the girl onto my white card to start my scene. Cut out the dress from the polka dot stamped card and adhere it over the girl on the white card.

I masked all of the girl except for the hand which is furthest from us and stamped the first carrot. I then masked the bottom part of the carrot directly on the stamp to stamp the remaining carrots so that only the top of the carrot can be seen so it appears they are growing in the ground. After coloring the image I then stamped the rain all over the card.

I used my swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss just the top section of the card ... this allowed me to be able to stamp my sentiment on the lower part of this card.

My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, April 2 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. Lots of fun is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on SCS to find out all the details and we hope to see you there on Wednesday night

Recipe:
Stamps: Can Ya Dig It; Rain or Shine & Behind the Scenes - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Close To Cocoa, Regal Rose, Soft Sky & Chocolate Chip - SU; DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Brown Brads; Pink Micro Brads; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, Frances!

Kristine said...

VERY CUTE!! :) I just love that new embossing folder--and yet still don't have it :(

Lovely card Frances. :D

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Frances, I love the sentiment "Love Grows Rain or Shine" -- really beautiful. Mary G

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!! I love that you used a stamp for the pattern in the lady's dress and what a super job of masking!

Julia Aston said...

Love this lady picking her carrots in the rain! and the cute bunny waiting patiently by her side!

Linda Carson said...

Such a lovely scene..well done!