Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mother's Day Flowers!


Today's card is for this weeks sketch challenge on the MFT Member forum on SCS. I decided to use the newly released Mother's Day set again .... I need to make a few Mother's Day cards, so now is as good a time to make them as later when things could be busier for all I know.

I stamped the main image twice once on white card and once onto certainly celery card .... I cut away the word frame on the white card and layered it onto the certainly celery piece and then layered to a square scallop nestabilites blue layer.

In the sketch the sentiment should be on the square main image ... but as it didn't work there I decided to put mine in the bottom right hand corner. I got some new flowers yesterday and the blue ones I purchased matched perfectly for this card .. the yellow one I had for a while.

Recipe:
Stamps: Mother's Day Set - MFT
Paper: White; Certainly Celery & Brocade Blue - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Yellow Grosgrain Ribbon; Blue & Yellow Flower; Yellow Brad; Word Window Punch; Rectangle Nestabilities; Foam Tape

9 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Beautiful!

Maria said...

This is beautiful! I love that new MFT set, I need to get one!!

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty!

Arlene,
West Bremerton florist

Barb said...

Ahh this is lovely Frances.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is really pretty, Frances! I love the color combo. Very soft and sweet.

Diane said...

So pretty,I love the colors,it's so springy!!! Gorgeous!

Linda Carson said...

Beautifully done!

Jennie Skaggs said...

WOW....what a gorgeous card. Love the blue/green combo and all the details. Jennie

Anonymous said...

Wow what a nice card! So creative, I wish I could make one like that but unfortunately I am not that good... But I found a gift that’s going to make my mother happy. I found it on the website www.floraqueen.com that has great mother’s day gifts. The best thing of all is that during May they plant 5 trees for every gift you buy. This way you make not only your own mother happy, but also Mother Nature ;-)