Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Brrrrrrr!

Baby it's cold outside ..... brrrr! Well for the second month into winter ..... actually it isn't all that cold! I guess now I have said that we will get a cold snap and everyone will blame me.... oops!

This is for this weeks sketch challenge over on SCS. As I was going through my Magnolia stamps to see if any of those would suit the sketch I came across this one of Tilda in the cold and decided to use that for my card today .... she needed something to sit on so I thought the fence would be good for that.

I added some white liquid applique to the fence and the ground to give it the look of snow .... she looks cold doesn't she! The ribbon was white but I colored it a very pale blue using my copic markers.

Recipe:
Stamps: Tilda - Magnolia Stamps; Brrr! - The Cat's Pajamas
Paper: White; Bashful Blue, Buckaroo Blue & DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; Soft Sky & Bordering Blue SU Ink; Snowflake Brads; White Grosgrain Ribbon; White Liquid Applique; Foam Tape


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh she is pretty as a picture.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Cool! This card is so wintery I just felt a chill go up my spine! :-)

Tracy.H said...

Love the sketch, love the image, love the whole thing!! :0)

Anonymous said...

So just how cold does it get there in the winter? Here in NE British Columbia, we're having a summer heat wave at 30C!

Holly Young said...

Love this! Really cute!

Holly

Shannon Tompkins said...

I love this. I just got some Magnolia stamps with Tilda and the Sweet Ebony stamps from Sugar Nellies. I am so excited to use both I just have to find some more time.

Anonymous said...

This is just sooo sweet!! Love the colors and the liquid applique!

Anonymous said...

This is totally adorable!!! You've done a fabulous job here. I can't wait to get some of those Magnolias!!

--
Becca

Ariadne said...

so cute!!!!!!!!!