Monday, July 14, 2008

I Give a Hoot!

I Give a Hoot .... cause it is Monday which means it is time for another challenge with my goofy CCEE friends. This week it is another "technique" challenge .... we were to create a card using the faux silk technique. As an extra bonus challenge, Cindy Haffner also challenge us to use an owl on our cards ..... so ok I have an owl or two I can put on my card so of course I was up for the bonus hehe.

For those of you who may not have done the faux silk technique before you will find a tutorial for this technique on SCS. This is quite an easy technique .... I attached my finished tissue paper to river rock card, using different colored card is going to give it a slightly different look, so experiment.

While I was surfing on Friday I came across some sketches on Papertrey Inks Forum, so I decided to use one of them for my card today. You may need to sign into the forum to view the sketches I am not sure.

My tissue paper is stamped using Papertrey Inks "Out on A Limb". The river rock card was embossed using the distress stripes cuttlebug embossing folder.

If you would like to see what the rest of my CCEE friends did check out our CCEE Stampers blog.
We would love you to play along with our challenge ..... just create a card using the faux silk technique ... you can also add an owl to your card for the bonus challenge, but that one is optional. Once you have created your card come back and post a comment on our CCEE Stampers blog so we can all go look at your card. If you upload it to SCS don't forget the keywords CCEEC.

Recipe:
Stamps: Out on a Limb - Papertrey Ink; Owl & Sentiment - CHF
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip; River Rock; Wild Wasabi; Tissue Paper
Other: Black Ink; Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Distress Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Hodgepodge Hardware; Foam Tape



7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Your owls are so tweet Frances. Super job.

caryljk said...

G'day Frances, I love the owl card and am cetainly going to give this one a try and add it to my owl collection. Thanks for sharing.
Happy crafting
Caryl K

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute!!!

Linda Carson said...

cute, cute, cute!

Renee said...

How cute! I love the cuttlebug bg and the bg paper with the owls...very cute!

Anonymous said...

this is really cute! Love the faux silk background the that cutey patotey owl...

Wanda said...

This card is SO cute!!