Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's in the Bag!

It has been sometime since I played the featured stamper challenge, and wasn't really planning on playing this week either. But I did go see who the featured stamper was this week ... it is Kim aka blondie090277 ...... I enjoyed looking through her gallery she has some wonderful cards in there. Anyway I discovered her Sunburst Dandy's Tote that she created and decided I would make one too.

As per the rules of this challenge I had to change at least 2 things to my project, here are the changes I made:
  • changed my colors from blue & brown to pink & brown
  • I made my purse so that it could open ... Kim's I believe is sewn together.
  • Use a brad for my flap rather than a button
  • Used grosgrain ribbon rather than satin
  • Added a flourish stamp to the bottom right corner of my bag
  • Decorated the inside of my card


Here is what the inside looks like for my card.


Edit: I have had a couple of queries as to the measurements for this card so I thought I would add it here in case any others had questions too.

1. Start with a 5 inch square card.
2. Find the centre at the bottom of the card (the fold) and then measure 1.5 inches on either side of this mark.
3. Take a ruler and line up the top corner and the 1.5 inch mark and cut along this line.

I added my DP to the top portion of my card prior to measuring and cutting that way I didn't have to measure a second time.

I made mine so it would open ... but the one I CASEd (link provided above) was sewn closed so you can use as a little bag to hold something inside.

Recipe:
Stamps: Flourish - Autumn Leaves; Sentiment - Darcie Stamps
Papers: White; Chocolate Chip - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Brad; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Magnet



3 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

This is just adorable Frances, great casse.

Nikki Bond said...

This is wonderful! Thanks so much for the inspiration! {SMILES}

Anonymous said...

This is just wonderful! Is there a templete or any directions to this bag?? Thanks for sharing your inspiration!