Monday, September 29, 2008

Shape It Up!

Hi everyone ... well today is the beginning of a very busy blogging week. I will have lots and lots to share with you in the next few days. Both MFT Stamps & Hanna Stamps will be releasing new stamps later in the week so I will have lots of sneak peeks for you all. Besides that you will also have the opportunity to win some blog candy ... check back tomorrow for that. There will also be challenge cards from one or two other design teams I am on ... and some other exciting news I have for you all which I will let you in on at the end of the week. Phew!!!!!!

So anyway let's get started ............by now most of you will know that Monday's mean it is time for the challenge I do with my CCEE Stamper friends.

Our challenge this week was given to us by Carolyn King ... she instructed us to "Shape it Up, Baby!" we had to create a shaped card of our choice. We had to try to stay away from circles and do something a bit more out of the box! (Carolyn inserted an evil laugh at the end of her instructions haha!)

Well as you might tell ... I kind of went a little over board with this challenge cause I ended up with 3 different shaped cards LOL! I like shaped cards and I was just having too much fun haha!

My first card is a shoe card ... I used a template I found in the Papercrafts magazine as the basis of this card ... but I did adapt the template as I wanted to add part of her leg to the card as well ... this gave me more room to stamp things onto on the inside of the card. If you want the template you can find it here. The flower above the shoe strap is supposed to be a tattoo ... my daughter says I stamped it in the wrong place and that it wouldn't be pink ... but oh well it is where it is now LOL!


For the inside of this card I used the new "Window Shopping" set that MFT Stamps will be releasing on the 1st October.

Recipe:
Stamps: Window Shopping & Boho Blossoms - MFT Stamps
Paper: Blush Blossom, Pretty In Pink & Chocolate Chip - SU
Other: Black Ink; Pretty In Pink SU Ink; Pink Flower; Pearl Brad; Pink Button Brad; Pink Grosgrain Ribbon



OK ... so I saw this card on Beverly Rousch's blog on Saturday and I just had to CASE it. Now Carolyn did tell us to "shape it up" what could be shapelier than this LOL! My version doesn't look at good as Bev's does ... but I still like it ... getting those curves in the right place takes a bit of practise LOL!

Bev has a great tutorial on how to create this "Man Card" as she calls it here. Oh and while you are at it .... check out her Christmas version too.

Recipe:
Stamps: Wild About You - SU
Paper: Creamy Caramel & River Rock DP - SU
Other: Creamy Caramel SU Ink; White Ink; White Gel Pen; River Rock Grosgrain Ribbon



And finally my Kimono card, this is pretty simple to create and all I needed here was card and oriental paper. Look no stamps!!!!!! hahaha!

Don't forget to check out our CCEE Stampers blog ... and we would also love to see your shaped card/cards ... it can be anything you want it to be.

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love all of them Frances, but have to say my favorite is that hard rock body, awesome job on the challenge.

Jana said...

Those are awesome... I loved the shoe and then I saw the body....whooo hooo!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I just had to check out the other cards you made for our challenge on your blog, Frances. They are all so clever! You should put all of them in our challenge gallery for all your hard work.

Anonymous said...

Wow, loving your projects and these shoes are fabulous! I enjoy receiving your blog in my inbox, thanks so much. :)

Debby said...

You're killin me with the torso! I love it :-)

Bev said...

Frances, I just found this. You are the sweetest! Love your version girlie! :)
-Bev