Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Blog Hopping ... Is that a Problem

Hi guys .... you ready for another MFT blog hop!!!!

If you didn't hop onto my blog from Cindy Haffner's blog then you may want to go to Kim van der sanden's blog and start at the beginning ... once you get to the end of the blog hop ... don't forget to leave a comment on that blog so you are in for a chance for some fabulous blog candy.

I made this card a few weeks ago for my daughter's birthday ... but as the stamps I used here were not being released until later today (Wed 19th November) I couldn't share it with you all until now. I just love this new BC Dzyns new set called "and then I said" which will be available for sale through MFT Stamps. The set is designed with teenagers in mind however I think it has a much wider appeal than that ... my daughter is in her 30's and it suited her so well I just had to use it.

Don't you just love the sentiment ... this set has lots of fun sassy sentiments ... to make this one fit in for a birthday card I used my computer to create a saying for inside the card which said "that you're getting older? Happy Birthday". Thanks to my friend Kim who helped me out with the inside greeting.

I used the traffic jam cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to the red base panel. The layout of this card was for one of Beate's weekend sketch challenges.

Don't forget to continue on with the blog hopping fun you will need to leave my blog and head on over to Jessie Rone's blog. Enjoy your blog hopping journey!

Recipe:
Stamps: And then I said - BC Dzyns
Paper: White; Black; Real Red & Taken with Teal - SU; DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Circle Nestabilities; Traffic Jam Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Black Brads; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics



25 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card Frances, super duper job.

Marilyn Hitterman said...

Frances - Love the card, especially the red!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous girl...I love it!!

Gabby said...

This is gorgeous Frances...gorgeous!

JessicaK said...

Great coloring Frances. Nice touch with the nails!

Jody Morrow said...

Oh WOW, your card is great! Beautiful coloring as always!

Sally said...

All I can say is WOW. I love the color combos you had chosen for this cute stamp. Love it!

Tracey said...

Love this card!! The colour combo is great!

Michelle Giraud said...

Fantstic coloring - love the red and blue you choose too!

Kim said...

Love the colors Frances! So sassy and cool!

Elena said...

Love everything about this card! Colors, coloring, layout, CB embossing, new stamp, brads!

Sew Club said...

I SO love this, Frances!!!

Judi said...

Great card. TFS

Janna said...

I love the colors and layout of this card! Fantastic job!

DeeDee said...

Oh I love it!!! GREAT color combo...that stamps is great too!!! HUGS!!

Cathy said...

Love the cuttlebug background! What a great stamp!!

Christyne said...

OMG! My DD would LOVE this card! I'm seeing this set in her Christmas stocking! TFS.

Annelies said...

Very nice card! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

Nicole said...

Wow! I love your color combo. You did a fantastic job showcasing her sassiness!

Carolyn King said...

FANTASTIC!!! If you were an American--I would say this would be awesome for the Forth of July too! Love it Frances!

Michelle said...

Wow, that card has to be one of the best I've seen. I love it.
Michelle N

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I bet she loved this Frances!! Great colors and dp! Love the bugged background too!

Giovana said...

So girly!!!! Beautiful.
God bless
Giovana

Becca said...

I am enjoying seeing the different styles with this stamp. Love your card the colours are beautifully bold and the colouring perfect.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautifully colored Frances. I LOVW how you colored her cheeks. These colors are so perfect!