Sunday, November 23, 2008

Santa Was Here!

Well not really hehe .... much too earlier for Santa to come yet. I know that down in Australia we are a little ahead of you guys in the Northern Hemisphere time wise but not that far ahead hehe!
And to be honest I am not ready for him to come yet are you??

This card is for Beate's weekend sketch challenge and I got to use my new nestabilities dies that arrived on Friday .... yahhhhhhhhh I have been waiting for these for ages as I am sure lots of other people have too. I am soooooo lucky I pre ordered these because with the downturn in the financial scene that has meant our dollar has devalued down here against the US dollar which means these dies have almost doubled in price yikes!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky I was able to get them for the original price!

I used the labels 2 nestabilites to cut out the owl image. I embossed the olive card using the ornament cuttlebug embossing folder. The circle sentiment is one of the downloadable stamps from The Cutting Cafe ... this one is one of the 1 inch ones, I thought it went well with this cute Santa Owl!

Recipe:
Stamps: Owl - Penny Black; Sentiment - The Cutting Cafe
Paper: White; Real Red & Old Olive - SU; DP - Making Memories
Other: Black Ink; So Saffron SU Ink; Label 2 Nestabilities; Ornament Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; White Gel Pen; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Red Brads; Foam Tape; Copics



13 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally cute!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So darling Frances, so glad you got your new dies.

loree2000 said...

WOW! This looks great!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh so cute Frances! Love that owl and you're going to sell me on nesties yet! Now stop it!! heehee

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Frances what a truly gorgeous card hun, i love the new nesties and this image is fab! and perfect colouring as always. hugs Linda x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Frances! Have loved looking at all your beautiful creations.

CreativeMish said...

This is the cutes little owl! I love him!

Vicki G said...

WOW!!! how cute!! Love it!

Regina Easter said...

oh my word this is adorable...he is stinkin cute...

Libby Hickson said...

This is so cute!! As always, love your coloring!

Unknown said...

I love this!!

DeeDee said...

This is sooooo CUTE!! Love the look on the owls face!!! HUGS!!!

Catherine said...

love everything about it :)