Saturday, November 8, 2008

Yummy Yummy Cupcake with a Cherry On Top!

Hi everyone ... first up some news! I have been asked to join "The Cutting Cafe" design team.

This is a store run by Regina Easter and she sells cutting designs and downloadable stamps .... here is the info that I cut and pasted from her web site to explain it a little more:

All of these cutting designs come in the format of wpc or pdf...With WPC you can cut the files out using your cutting machine like the Pazzles Inspiration machine or any other machine that accepts WPC... With PDF you can print and cut the cuts using your home printer. Think of the PDF as being a template that you can use over and over again.... The Downloadable stamps are just that, Stamp images that I have designed that are downloaded to you through email in the form of a PDF. ALL FILES including WPC'S and PDF'S will be emailed to you within 24 hours after payment.

Onto my card .... the cupcake here is one of the downloadable stamps available from The Cutting Cafe. It comes as a set of 4 cupcakes with sentiments which will come as a pdf file. I printed out the cupcake image and used this to create my card.

The Try a New Technique challenge over on SCS this week was to create a Decorative Medallion using the circle nestabilities and the EK Success Corner Rounders .... I thought these looked like a lot of fun so I had to try it out myself .... you can find a tutorial on how to create these here.


Here is a close up of the decorative medallion ... I attached yellow pearls around the edge of the medallion. I also raised the red portion up using foam tape.

OK ... now onto a little trick that you might find useful if you decide to purchase these downloadable stamps ...

The image on the right on the photo above is the actual size the cupcake is when you print it out. However I wanted my cupcake to be a little smaller .... so this is what I did:

1. Open the pdf file

2. Click on the print button on the top left side and the print menu will come up.

3. Look half way down the print menu and you will find " Page Scaling" .... click on the drop down arrow and select " Multiple Pages per sheet"

4. This should now give you 2 pages per sheet .... of course it will only print one page as the is only a one page document ... Your image will now be half the size of the original image.

5. If you wish to make the image even smaller ... select the option underneath "Page Scaling" which is " Pages per sheet" ... it will depend which number you select how big your image will be.

The cupcake on the left of the photo above was printed using the method I have just explained and is what I used to create my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Cupcake Downloadable Stamps - The Cutting Cafe
Paper: White; Real Red & So Saffron - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Red Brads; Yellow Pearls; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape; Circle Nestabilities; EK Success Corner Punch; Copics


10 comments:

DeeDee said...

Oh Frances!!! I love that medallion....gorgeous card....I love how you colored the cupcake too....excellent!!!! THANKS for the links!! HUGS!!!

Charlene Austin said...

Downloadable stamps?! I am so going to keep an eye on this to see if some floral designs become available. It's so brilliant.....especially since I am in Canada and I am so tired of paying shipping costs!!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Congratulations, Frances!!!! You are one busy stamper!

Sherry Campbell said...

This is beautiful and adorable, Frances!!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Hoots!!! I'm so happy for you and your card is amazing! (as always)

Cindy Haffner said...

Congrats Frances, I love your cupcake, and yes it's the same one I used, great minds think alike. Hee hee. Thanks for the direction on sizing, too cool.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh this is really cool Frances! Thanks for the link to the medalion. I'm off to check that out! And thanks also for the instructions on how to minimize the image! Your card is awesome!

Regina Easter said...

this is to yummy, thank you thank you...i love it

Maryann said...

another great card Frances, the image looks good too.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous frame around that adorable cupcake Frances!! Congrats on the new DT!!