Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Jodi!



It is Jodi Collins birthday and the Prettie Girls are having a party pretties style to help celebrate by having a virtual birthday party blog hop.

We would love for you to join us in our virtual birthday blog hop by starting on Christie Ortman's blog. All the Prettie Girls were asked to bring something along for the party ... my contribution was the presents ... a girl can never have too many presents right!

This last few days since Christmas I have been playing with some of my new toys that I received. One of the things I got was a Copic airbrushing kit and compresser ... so of course I had to play with that to make my card and I also had to play with some new stamps I received too! I probably need lots more practise on the airbrushing .... I airbrushed the grey road and the blue sky .... but it was fun playing.

For this card I used Sophie from the "Trim the Tree" set ... I just love this image ... but I removed the bauble from her hand ... it looks like she is reaching out at one of the presents or the balloons.

The other stamps used here are from Clear Dollar Stamps ... and consists of 3 different sets all made to co-ordinate with the bug set.

Here is the inside of my card .... I used the part of the sentiment from the set "Bugs & Fishes". Seeing the car on the front is a "bug" I figured this sentiment worked for this card. The stripe on the left side of the card hides the backs of the brads I attached to the front of my card.

Well it is time to leave me and continue on your virtual birthday blog hop by hoping over to Jessie Rone's blog. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the party festivities!

Recipe:
Stamps: Trim The Tree & Bugs and Fishes - Paper Pretties; Sometimes You're the Bug, Bugs & Kisses and In the Bug - Clear Dollar Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Pretty In Pink & Regal Rose - SU; DP - Rusty Pickle
Other: Black Ink; Pink Brads; Foam Tape; Copic Air Brush System; Copics




20 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is just too cool Frances!!! I love it!!

DeeDee said...

Oh Frances, this is so adorable....love the pink bug!!! HUGS!!!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my word...Frances, I am speechless (and that NEVER happens!! LOL!!!) This is just INCREDIBLE! Your coloring is amazing and the stamps and layout are pure perfection! Thank you SOOOOOOO much!! hugs!!

Christi Flores said...

Wow girl! I think your airbrushing skills are fantastic!! This is awesome!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is adorable, Frances and so creative!

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card Frances!

Jackie Pedro said...

Doesn't look like you need much practice to me! This card is just fantastic, Frances!!

Vicki G said...

What a gorgeous card Frances. I LOVE the image, the colours and your airbrushing is FABOOOOOO

I should get mine out and play!!!!!

have a wonderful evening..........you might still just be up to read this post.......

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Frances...I really love the "bug" filled with presents! And the way you decorated the inside of the card is fabulous!

Jessica Diedrich said...

OH MY Frances. OH MY!!! This is amazing and we are SO lucky to have you with us! Your work is amazing and this card? BEAUTIFUL!

Jackie said...

This card is just beautiful, I love all the little touches on it!Great job, I know Jodi will love it all!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is soooo cute!! Love the colors you used and what a great job on your airbrushing, too! TFS

Unknown said...

Just fabulous Frances!! I love that car! the presents are perfect and Sophia does look great digging in for a present! :) Fun card!!

Danielle L. said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! I love the coloring and how you layered the images. Too neat!

Jillabella said...

Ok this is just too flippin adorable!!! I can't believe how great your airbrushing is, I have had mine for months and I still can't get it to look right! LOL And the sentiment is just too perfect!!! Great card Frances!! xoxox

Lori Craig said...

so sweet!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your new toy Frances, you did an awesome job with it.

Anonymous said...

This is just way too cute Hoots!! I love the packages in the bug, and that sweet lil' girl reaching for the packages (or balloons), adorable!! Love your airbrushing too!! You're enabling again!!!! Hmph!

Maryann said...

Great card Frances, Love the bug it is so cute, great job on the air brushing. Love that paper pretties stamp and the way you have used it.

Mothermark said...

I love how the road looks....like with shadows and stuff and the sky too! What an awesome tool that is! Love it Hootsie!!!

Happy Today and Thanks!