Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy Mothers Day Card!

OCC-alota-mothers-day-wm

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday. My card today fit's two different challenges both having the same theme. Saturday’s of course mean challenge time over at the Our Creative Corner blog. Being a new month we also have a new challenge hostess which is Robin Willis. With Mother’s Day only a week away Robin has challenge us all to create a Mother’s Day card. A very timely challenge especially as I hadn’t made one for my Mother until I made this one. Thanks Robin for getting me back on track hehe!

It is also time for Alota Rubber Stamps new challenge over on the Alota Rubber Stamps Paper Craft Planet Group, this week the challenge is hosted by Shary. You have two weeks from today to participate in this challenge and you also have a chance of winning some wonderful stamps if your card is selected randomly from all the entries received. The challenge this time round is to create a Mother's Day card.

Flowers are always popular for Mother’s Day so I decided to make a floral card and I used the “Black Eyed Susan” stamps from Alota Rubber Stamps. I supposed Black Eyed Susan’s are normally yellow but I think it is an image that can look like other types of flowers so I colored mine in an apricot color. After stamping the image onto white card I used the largest of the label 4 nestabilities to cut out my image. The green layered layer was created by die cutting to green panels cutting one in quarters and layering it underneath the white card and then cutting the tips of the 2nd panel and layering them between the white and green layers. Hope that makes sense.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the OCC Designers cards over on the OCC Blog.

Recipe:

Stamps: Black Eyed Susan – Alota Rubber Stamps; Sentiment – Gina K Designs

Paper: White; Certainly Celery, Blush Blossom & Groovy Guava – SU; DP – DCWV

Other: Black Ink; Labels 4 Nestabilities; Label Tag Die; Heart Scallop Border Punch; Apricot Brads; Grosgrain Ribbon; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Copics

11 comments:

LorettaL said...

I love these colours, Frances! Lovely card.

Andrea said...

A beautiful card.
xAndrea

Robin said...

Frances! This is beautiful! I love the colors alot.

Cindy Haffner said...

Stunning Frances, I love it.

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

That is such a cool nestie and the image is AMAZING...this is GORGEOUS, Frances!!!

Vicki G said...

This is so elegant Frances! Pretty Colours too!

Joanne (jojot) said...

perfectly deeeelish in color and design...how fresh and lovely

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful design Frances, LOVE the embossing and gorgeous images!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Tracey said...

Very pretty Frances!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What an elegant beauty Hoots!! Love these colors and your sketch! WOW!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love how you used the nestie with this image -- works wonderfully! And your color choices are lovely!