Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Butterfly Wishes!

pp-butterfly-wishes-wmHi again!

It’s time for another Pretties Wednesday challenge with all the Prettie Girls.

Two weeks ago it was Jessica Diedrich’s turn to issue the challenge to us all. Her instructions were the following:

“In the spirit of Spring and the coming Summer...and well, since it's my FAVORITE thing (In fact, I can't believe I haven't done this already, LOL)....I challenge the Prettie Girls to create a card using a BUTTERFLY somewhere on the card.”

It seems like forever since I have done anything butterfly related on my cards so I had to think about it for awhile. I figured the best set to use was the Paper Pretties Simply Special set as it had the watering can and plant and we all know butterflies love plants.

To cover my bases I grad all sorts of butterfly related stamps, papers and tools (some I didn’t end up using). My designer paper is a basic grey one that is covered with butterflies. I also found my CC Rubberstamps butterfly punch stamp that matches perfectly with a butterfly punch I had making it super easy to stamp and punch out multiple butterflies. I also found a few butterfly sentiments & verses that I figured I would use too.

pp-butterfly-wm

Here is a close up of one of my butterflies on my card. As you can see I stamped and punched out two butterflies, I then folded up the wings of one of the butterflies and just added adhesive to the body part only and attached it over my second butterfly thus making it 3 D. I probably went a little over board with my butterflies but I was having fun stamping and punching so why not *giggle*

 

pp-butterfly-wishes-2-wm

Here is the inside of my card, again I used my butterfly designer paper and also one of my butterfly verses.

Well I hope this was enough butterflies for you Jessica and thanks for a fun challenge!

Don't forget to check out the other Design Teams blogs to see there creations this week.

So now it is my turn to issue the next challenge to my fellow Prettie Girls. I am going to make this easy (I hope). My challenge to you is to create a card using the colors red, white and black. You can add extra colors to your image if you wish.

Recipe:

Stamps: Simply Special – Paper Pretties; Butterfly – CC Rubber Stamps; Sentiments – Impression Obsession

Paper: White; So Saffron, Regal Rose & Pink Pirouette – SU; DP – Basic Grey

Other: Black Ink; Regal Rose SU Ink; Eyelet Border Punch; Circle Nestabilities; Butterfly Punch; Foam Tape; Copics

15 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful butterflies!!!!!!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful, Frances!

Lelia Pierce said...

Great card! I love your butterflies and the sentiment! Thanks for playing!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So happy, pretty, and summery Frances!! LOVE this beautiful card!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

a delight....cute

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is just gorgeous, Frances! LOVE those butterflies!

Silli said...

This is beautiful Frances!

Jodi Collins said...

AWESOME card Frances! LOVE that dp, your coloring and all the popped up butterflies!!! FAB challenge you issued too!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Too cute Frances!!

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Frances!! Love it!

Danni said...

Those butterflies are simply to die for!! Wonderful, wonderful job and thanks for linking to my challenge!!

Unknown said...

just stunning Frances! Love that dp!! :)

Jackie said...

Stunning! I just love this!

Nicola said...

Such a beautiful card Frances, I love your images and that sentiment is awesome. Fab dp and detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oh FRANCES this is GORGEOUS! WOW! I love the inside of your card and how it's decorated, too! Perfect layout and beautiful butterfly!