Sunday, June 7, 2009

Getting Punchy!

punched-owl-wm

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! I am as I got to attend a papercrafts show yesterday and came home with a few must have goodies hehe … I am sure you will get to see the finished results of these goodies in the coming weeks.

About a month or so ago, my friend attended a convention and come home with some fantastic swaps a couple of which used Stampin’ Ups punches.

One of the cards was a cute 4 inch x 4 inch note card with this adorable owl created using mainly the scallop punch. The original card was designed by Tanya Blewitt and I do not normally CASE many cards but I did CASE this one thanks to my friend who worked out how to recreate it.

Punches used: Scallop Circle Punch; Tab Punch; Trio of Flowers; 3/4” circle; 1/2” circle; Word Window Punch for eyes

9 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

Now THIS is a HOOTSIE card...how clever and unique, cased or not...tfs

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh...this is just soooo cute!!! Its perfectly "hootsie".

Danni said...

This is so cute!!! Wonderful job! and so creative!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Awww Frances this is so cute, LOVE the clever design!!

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a charming punched owl Hoots!! Of course you had to make one of these. How could you resist an owl card....*grin*

Cindy Haffner said...

Too much fun. I'm looking forward to seeing your new toys!!!

Alyce said...

Love the owl ~ of course. I thinking of trying this. I couldn't see where the word window punch was used though.
~ Snowyowl ~

Vicki G said...

I LOVE this! So darn Creative!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a compliment to have someone case one of my cards - was on the web searching for something completely different and came up with this - so thanks!!!

Tanya Blewitt