Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Catchin’ Some Rays!

PWC101-Catching-Rays-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for another Pretties Wednesday Challenge & Blog Hop. If you didn't hop onto my blog via Jackie Rakoski's blog then you might want to hop back over to the very start of the blog hop which is at Christie Ortman blog.

The challenge this week is hosted by Heather Lee-Reppen, who challenged us to use Punches! You any paper punch, border or regular punch on your project. Nestabilities and other die cuts don’t count.

The stamps the design team are using on our card/projects this week are “Rainy Day Friends” and “Soakin’ Up The Sun” . Both these stamps sets are available for sale this week at 35% off the normal price.

When I first thought about this challenge I had planned on using my beach border punch. But after I had stamped my scene using “Soakin’ Up The Sun”, I found this fun sketch that Friday Sketchers recently had and decided to use that for my card. Of course then my border punch didn’t suit so I just went with circle punches which I used for my sentiment.

PWC101-Catching-Rays2-wm

I also decorated the inside of my card using the same layout as the front of the card.

Want to play along with us

How to Enter: Create a card/project using the challenge above and any Paper Pretties stamp set(s) you have. Upload your project to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category and use keyword PWC101.

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Paper Pretties Design team to see what they came up with for this challenge.

Now to continue on the hop you need to head on over to Heather Lee-Reppen’s blog to see what she has created for this week’s challenge.

Stamps: Soaking Up The Sun – Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Brown; Orange; DP
Other: Black Ink; Circle Punches; Orange Grosgrain Ribbon; Brown Button; Foam Tape; Copic Airbrush; Copics

aa-owl-signature

9 comments:

jjcreations said...

Awesome card - love that holiday paper.

Cindy Haffner said...

looks FUN to me!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the scene you've created Hoots!! The dp panels frame it beautifully!!

Unknown said...

Fun card Frances! I love how you did the inside too!! :)

Jana Weaver said...

Gorgeous!! Love the scene you created, and that fun paper is perfect!

Christie Ortman said...

This is stunning Frances! I love the colors and the inside is fabulous!!!

Alex said...

Very fun card Frances, love the colors!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Sheri Gilson said...

What a fun card, Frances!! Love the layout!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute!!