Thursday, July 15, 2010

G’day Mate!

CCEE1028-Gdaymate-wm G’day Mate …. now that is a very Aussie greeting if I ever heard one!
Well it is Thursday which means it is challenge time again … and today I have combined two challenges for my card.
First up of course is the CCEE challenge with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week Joanne has given us another fun sketch to use….. but of course this month there is a twist to each sketch… our cards had to be monochromatic.
It is also challenge time over on the Paper Romance Challenge Blog. And the hostess for the challenge this week is my friend Cindy Haffner who challenged us to use stitching on our project, it could be Faux, machine or hand stitching.
For my card I used High Hopes Froggy Gift …. I just adore this image and it has been a while since I used it, so it is good to play with it again. The G’day Mate sentiment is also from High Hopes.
Now it is easy to see what I did for the CCEE Stampers challenge …. the sketch and my card is all blue (ok so I had to color the frog green hehe) but it is close enough! To cover the stitching portion of the Paper Romance Challenge I added stitching to the sides of my panel the boy is standing on and also zigzag stitching along the top and bottom edge of the sentiment.
The background of my card is created using the new Dominoes cuttlebug embossing folder which after embossing I added some blue ink to.
CCEE1028
Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:
Stamps: Froggy Gift; G’day Mate Sentiment – High Hopes
Paper: White; Blue; Dark Blue; DP
Other: Black Ink; MS Optic Dot Border Punch; Dominoes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Blue Brads; Janome Sewing Machine; Foam Tape; Copics
aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute image and I love this card. I like the domino embossing and that image is adorable.

scrapn_momof2 said...

Adorable image!! I just love this card.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Me thinks that perhaps a little bit of da Muddermark's renegade spirit possessed you to add a tad of green to your blue card. Mmmm-hmmmm. It is really cute and all (I adore that darling image), but just a tad out of compliance with the challenge requirements, mate. LOL! I love your darling card, Hootsie!

Vicki G said...

Oh my word! This is AMAZING!!!! He is so darned cute!


Vicki

Angelwood said...

How adorable he is! Love all the embossing you did and your combination of blues looks so pretty! Gorgeous! hugs, Angela

Cindy Haffner said...

ADORABLE Frances.

Danni said...

Very cute!

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMGosh...guess we better not evah put Bertie in charge of the 'bell' cuz it would be a ringy-dinging all the time....

your card is adorable

Joanne (jojot) said...

ah...the right word just came to me....sub buzzer for bell in the last comment

a senior 'burp'...sorry

Melanie said...

Oh, I'm loving this colour combo!! The embossed background looks great, as does that punched edge...what a great card!