Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back To School!

PWC115-Dragon-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s Wednesday which means it’s time for another Pretties Wednesday Challenge over on the Paper Pretties Blog.

This week we are to use “Back To School” as the inspiration for our cards/project.

Paper Pretties does has two fun school themed sets in the Boutique … Back to School Sophia and Look Out World Cooper. As much as I love these two sets … I wanted to play with the new release stamps which I hadn’t used as yet and one of them was this cute Dragon from the Imagine set …. all I had to do was figure out how I could make a dragon relate to back to school LOL.

Now I guess if you were Harry Potter this wouldn’t be much of a problem LOL … cause dragons would fit in … and after some thought I decided that I would create some bookplates which could be placed on or inside books. Here’s what I came up with.

PWC115-Dragon3-wm

First up I measured the size of the nestabilities die which I would be using and then create a box about that size in my Photoshop program. and then I typed in the text…. This book belongs to I printed these out on a piece of card and then die cut the shape and finally stamped on my image.

PWC115-Dragon2-wm

Here are the bookplates all packaged up ready to give away.

Want to play along with us:

How to Enter: If you would like to play along with us, all you have to do is create a card/project using the above challenge and upload it to your blog and/or to your SCS Gallery using the keyword PWC116.

Don’t forget to include link to your card on the Paper Pretties Blog, so everyone can see it too. You don’t have to use Paper Pretties stamps to play, but of course if you have them we would love to see you use them. One random participant will receive a Paper Pretties Stamps set … seeing the Paper Pretties Blog for more details.

Stamps: Imagine – Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Purple
Other: Black Ink; Labels Nestabilities; Copics

aa-owl-signature

11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

CUTE!!!

Wendalyn said...

What a great idea. These are sooo cute. I might make some for my nephew for Christmas he loves reading.

Silli said...

Wonderful idea...Love the cute image... FUntastic!

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Frances I totally ADORE these. They are done in my fav color, purple. What an awesome idea. Love it.

Jackie said...

Oh these are adorable! I love the colors too! Lovely job!

Amy Marie said...

Those are a super great idea, and you've colored it so beautifully! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jessica G. said...

Awesome idea for the back-to-school theme -- our DDs would love these book plates! You are such a creative gal, Frances; this is one of those ideas that I wish I'd thought of!!

Delia said...

Love this, thanks for sharing.

Joanne (jojot) said...

I absolutely love this idea....what a sweet gift idea

Jana Weaver said...

Gorgeous Frances...such a sweet idea!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awww, these are so cute!!