Sunday, August 15, 2010

Egg- citing News!

PP-Egg-citing-News-wm Hi all,

So what is the Egg-citing news you are all asking LOL! Well…… It’s birthday time for one of our Paper Prettie Design Team Members. Today Jackie Rakoski is a year older, Happy Birthday Jackie!!!

Of course what better way to celebrate than a Birthday Blog Hop Prettie Girl style! As we can't get together to celebrate in person the next best thing is a virtual birthday party .... yahhhhhhhh what fun! The hop starts with me so you have come to the right place!

I have been having fun playing with the new Paper Pretties August release stamps that are available to purchase in the Paper Pretties Boutique now! So I decided to use one of the new stamps on Jackie’s card, this one is called What The Cluck!. I also have been having fun revisiting some construction cards of late so I decided to create a Twist-a-flex card.

PP-Egg-citing-News2-wm

The “What the Cluck” set has some fun “Egg” sentiments included in it which are perfect for all sorts of occasions … but it didn’t have one specifically for a birthday so I decided to combine the “Egg-cellent!” sentiment from the ‘What The Cluck” set with one of the birthday sentiments from the “Dog-Gone Birthday” set. I just omitted the word “sweet” from that sentiment and substituted “Egg-cellent!”

Here is the order of the hop in case you get lost along the way:

    Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the party festivities so far. Now it is time to continue on our birthday blog hop and visit the blog of Jana Weaver. Don’t forget to wish Jackie a Happy Birthday when you reach her blog.

    Stamps: What The Cluck; Dog-Gone Birthday – Paper Pretties
    Paper: White; Brown; Red; DP
    Other: Black Ink; Old Paper Distress Ink; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Scorpal; Copics

    aa-owl-signature

    11 comments:

    Cindy Haffner said...

    Hee hee love that chicken!!

    Jana Weaver said...

    Adorable Frances!! Perfect for Jackie's bday!!

    Heather said...

    This is awesome! That chicken just puts a smile on my face every time I see it! Fabulous card!

    Jackie said...

    Oh Frances, this is fabulous! I love this card, man is that chick adorable! Thanks for the Birthday Hop, it really made my day :)

    Pam Varnell said...

    This is so precious Frances. The colors are perfect with that image.

    Delia said...

    Great card! I love all the colors, it is so great that you all got together to share Jackie's birthday!

    Cindy Groh said...

    OMGoodness! Super cute card.

    Susie said...

    Fabulous card. Love that design.

    Jamey said...

    Oh, I love this image _ this card is egg-cellent!

    Jessica G. said...

    Fun technique to combine with this hilarious chick! Perfect choice of DPs and I'm always so impressed with your attention to details, including the inside of the card!!

    Jessie/knightrone said...

    How cute and fun!! I love this set so much, I had to get it...and the owls...they are perfect!!