Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I’ll Be Moosing You!

Riley1510-daplane-wm

Hi all,

It’s challenge time again over on the Riley and Company blog.

This week the challenge is hosted by Laurie Clout, who challenged us to turn a household item into a stamp and create a background. Some of Laurie’s suggestions included pencils eraser, elastics wrapped around a block and inked up, potato, sponge, netting from onions, children’s blocks, etc use your imagination!

Now I have to admit that this challenge was difficult for me this week. I thought I had a great idea and got my card all made, went to blog it but then I went to add the challenge wording onto my blog post and realised that the household item was supposed to be used as a stamp … I hadn’t done that … darn!!!!!!!!!! Anyway as that card also fitted an upcoming Riley challenge I decided to keep that for that challenge and create another card for today’s challenge.

Finally I decided that the household item I would use was a tissue … most of us have tissues in our house right!!!!!!!!!! This is a technique I used to teach my stamping students in my background classes years ago. Scrunch up a tissue and ink it up and use that to pounce all over your card. This is how I created the sky in my card today.

It has been ages since I used this cute Plane Riley image … it is one of my favs … I have lots of favs of course hehe! The sentiment is from the Things Riley Might Say set.  One of the things I like about this stamp is the fact that so  many different types of sentiments will fit into the banner Riley is pulling behind his plane.

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Design Teams blogs today so see what they created for this challenge.

Stamps: Plane Riley – Riley and Company
Paper: White; Black; Red; DP
Other: Black Ink; Blue Ink; Red Brads; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Very Cute!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love Riley!!

Tracey said...

Love your card Frances! And that tissue technique created the perfect sky!!

Silli said...

So pretty Frances!

Anne Tussing said...

Great background! I'm falling in love with Riley!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Super cute!

Dana Jones said...

Love it Frances, so cute!

Virgo5 said...

Frances your tissue sky is perfect!

Riley and Company said...

Tissue is a great idea! NICE!!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

cute, cute, cute