Saturday, August 7, 2010

Make A Wish …. Cupcakes!

C4C49-Cupcakes-wm

Hi everybody,

Yahhhhhh it’s Saturday which means it is time for another challenge with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.

Being a brand new month we have a new hostess for our challenges which is ME!!!!!! When I was searching for ideas for challenges I discovered that it is Cupcake Day in Australia on the 16th August…. this is a fund raising event for the RSPCA. Well having tons of cupcake stamps and templates I figured this would make a fun challenge and I hope you do too.

C4C49-Cupcakes3-wm

First up my card, I decided to use one of MFT Stamps new range, the à la modes Birthday Girl. What a big cupcake she is carrying!

I used a SFYTT sketch from the 24th July for the layout of my card. I also paper pieced the girls dress and the icing part of the cupcake.

C4C49-Cupcakes2-wm

Here is the inside of my card, I used one of the sentiments which is included in the à la modes Birthday Girl set.

C4C-No-Cal-Cupcake2-wm

So I couldn’t stop with just a card! I found this fun template on The Digi Chicks site and of course just had to buy it as it looked like such fun and it was! After a bit of playing around I figured out how to convert the PDF file that you get so I could cut it out using my cricut, so much easier then doing it by hand.

The best thing about this cupcake is that it is no calories hehe!

C4C-No-Cal-Cupcake3-wm

To finish of my cupcake box I added some red gingham ruffled ribbon and a flower to the top which was created using the Die-namics Rolled Flower Die.

C4C-No-Cal-Cupcake-wm

Here is another view of my cupcake box, you can get a much better look at my rolled flower that I created using the Die-namics Rolled Flower Die. In The middle of my flower I added a glittered garnish.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: à la mode Birthday Girl – MFT Stamps
Paper: Cream; Red; Pink; DP
Other: Black Ink; Long Oval Nestabilities; Crochet Ribbon; Red Button; My Favorite Felt; Die-namics Rolled Flower Die; Glittered Garnish; Bird Punch; Pink Brads; Word Window Punch; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

14 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

Hoots....so bright and dramatic and......DEEEEEELISH.....lovin' both the card and that fab paaper crafted cupcake...wow

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Frances this is so PRETTY!

Silke Ledlow said...

This was/is one yummy challenge Frances!!! I'm still craving cupcakes......LOL!!! Your card idea and template are fabulous!!! Love the colors and the sketch you used!!! You rock GF!!! Hugs ~S~

Angelwood said...

What a fabulous set! Love your card with that adorable image! Super cute job on that yummy cupcake - perfect for a little gift box. Love this! hugs, Angela

Vicki G said...

Oh my gosh! What a delicious Creation! This is AMAZING!

Love love love it!

Hugs

Vicki

Chris said...

Frances,
I love, love, love your cupcake. It is so stinking adorable I could cry.

Sheri Gilson said...

What a SWEET Set, Frances!!

Barbara said...

Fabulous creation, Frances!!! Looks good enough to eat!!

butterflyamanda said...

love it!!! and no calories i love all your projects,it's great that you do it for charity too keep up the super work oh and can i request an owl card please hugs Amanda

Anne Tussing said...

Great set!!! This ala mode girl is so cute. Love how you made it all!!

Tracey said...

Absolutely gorgeous Frances!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMG, I LOVE it!!

Silli said...

Wonderful project Frances...love all the details...

Maria said...

Oh WOW!! That cupcake is out of this world gorgeous, Frances and your card is just as delicious!! Funny, I recently used that designer paper and I also saw someone use the same dp on their card. I love that dp! Your gift set is so fun and beautiful at the same time!!

Maria