Monday, September 13, 2010

Don’t Open Until Christmas!

Wrapped-Parcel-Card-wm

Hi all,

Recently the stamp club I go to each month held their first ever shoe box swap. Each of us had to create a card with a Christmas theme and enough kits so that everyone else could duplicate what we had created.

I was still mulling over what I would be creating for this swap when I came across a blog post in my Google Reader on how to create a Pull Up Present card … my problem was solved!!!!!!!! LeaAnn’s version is a lot smaller than mine suitable for a gift card so I had to play around with the measurements so I could make it more a standard size card to fit inside a standard envelope. My finished card measures 11cm x 14cm.

Wrapped-Parcel-Card2-wm

Here you can see the pull out card beside the outer card … the top of the parcel is attached to the inner card and just pulls out.

Wrapped-Parcel-Card3-wm

And here is a close up of the inner card. I enjoyed making this and will be making more in the future I am sure!

Stamps: Bear with Present – Lili of the Valley; Do Not Open Sentiment – Stampendous; Merry Christmas Sentiment – Paper Inspirations
Paper: White; Red; Green; DP – Kaisercraft
Other: Black Ink; Cuttlebug Embossing Folders; Oval Punches; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

12 comments:

  1. That is pretty cool. I might use the idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a unique card 'shape'...cute little bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS!!! I love this pull out card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful Frances. Love the colors and the shape of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Frances - love that pull out style. Hhhmmmm...getting ideas for my xmas card this year! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I'm in LOVE with THAT teddy bear! He's THE cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is down right cute! I love the bear the layout and the look! If you don't mind I'll use your layout for my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea, and your pull up present is just super charming Hoots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Frances! I'm SO going to make one of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card! Thanks for sharing the link to mine too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments on my creations. Hope you enjoy your day!