Sunday, August 21, 2011

Peace Love Joy!

SU PeaceLoveJoy wm

Hi everyone and happy Sunday!

I have another Christmas card to share with you today. This is another of the cards I made at our Christmas In July shoebox swap last month. This card was designed by my friend Trish.

The Christmas tree on this card was created from just a semi circle, I have been meaning to make a card using this idea for sometime and never got around to it. So it was great that Trish finally made me do it hehe! I added a couple of rhinestones to my tree when I got home.

Edit:

For those wanting to know how to fold the Christmas Tree here are some instructions thanks to my friend Trish and a photo too :)

1. Cut out large scallop circle, and cut in half.

2. Measure down approx. 1 inch on the centre cut point and draw a line from the first scallop to the 1 inch point … cut this portion off.

3. Count down 4 scallops and score from the centre cut point to the end of the 4th scallop.

4. Count down 5 scallops from the previous score line and score from the centre cut point to the end of the 5th scallop.

5. Fold on score lines … top score is mountain fold second score is a valley fold.

6. Decorate as desired and place on card.


Stamps – SU
Papers: SU
Other: Circle Nestabilities; Rhinestones; Star

aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL X-MAS CARD FRANCES! HUGS ~S~

Cindy Haffner said...

Tooo COOL!~

Glennis F said...

Great tree, I would love to know how you cut it

Val said...

A great card, do tell how you cut the tree,

Jessie/knightrone said...

Still LOVING that paper!

Glennis F said...

Thanks so much for adding the instructions - will give this a try