Thursday, May 17, 2012

For A Boy Who’s 3!

CCEE1220 BirthdayBoy wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time again with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week our challenge hostess for May, Charlene Merrick brings us another fun challenge.

This week’s challenge is a technique challenge …. vellum embossing – use either heat or dry embossing on your vellum.

For my card this week I used a few La La Land stamp sets, Heart Balloon Luka who also comes with presents and the Brick wall. When I was searching through my vellum box to work out what I was going to do for this challenge I discovered the blue adhesive vellum which I have had for years …. one piece was already embossed with the numbers embossing folder, obviously I had been thinking of doing something with it some time back and then changed my mind. Well now I have a Grandson I figured it would be ideal for a birthday card. I also had the white card base sitting on my desk with the acetate opening as I had been playing with that technique a week or two ago so I decided both would make a fun birthday card.

Now I have to say my Grandson isn’t even 2 yet … he will be at the end of this month, but I already have plenty of boy 2 year old cards so I am getting in an earlier start for next year. I will need some for Christmas when I give my cards away to family and friends.

CCEE1220 BirthdayBoy2 wm

Here is the inside of my card, very simple. The vertical Happy Birthday shows through the acetate on the front of the card and I added more of the blue vellum to match that on the front.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Heart Balloon Luka; Brick Wall – La La Land Crafts; Little Boy Who’s 3 From Make A Wish – Paper Pretties; Vertical Happy Birthday – Lucy’s Stamps
Paper: White; Blue Vellum
Other: Black Ink; Spellbinders Ribbon Banner Die; So Trendy M-Bossabilities; Cuttlebug Numbers Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh super SWEET!~

Sabrina said...

Adhesive vellum - already embossed - and easy to find ;-) - you were on a winner with this challenge, LOL. I like the style of card you used, too - it's been a while since I did one like this. Thanks for the reminder, and such a cute one too!

Benzi said...

I really like your blue adhesive vellum....perfect for this little boy card. Three is my favorite age..so fun and they say the cutest things.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I didn't think your grandson was going to be three this year. Good for you on always being ahead of the game!! I love the blue vellum and didn't know you could get it with adhesive. Terrific birthday card for your sweet little grandson next year!

Lois said...

Adhesive vellum -- I didn't even know there was such a thing! This is an adorable card, Frances.

Kathy Bradley said...

Frances,
What a darling image and wonderful card - and, as always, your coloring is awesome!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Such an adorable image! Wonderful job!

Vicky Gould said...

What an adorable card for your grandson!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is just adorable. I saw it was for a boy of age 3 and I was thinking, "William is already three, time is flying". :) Then I saw that he is almost two.

Joanne (jojot) said...

since your grandson was born, you are making the most fabulous 'little guy' cards...this is fabbo