Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Step Right Up to a Creative Challenge!

 MFT CDBook wm

Hi everyone,

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to create a mini-book.  Be sure to check out the MFT Stamps Blog for a list of all participating designers who have put their MFT stamps and/or Die-namics dies to work to create a mini book for you today!

Print

For my project today I decided to create a CD Envelope Album, it has been a while since I have created one of these and they are lots of fun to make. I used 6 paper CD Envelopes to create this book/album, when I first started creating this I didn’t have a specific plan as to what the album was going to be used for, but as you will see as you see all the pages below it has ended up being for my Grandson William … I guess for his 3rd birthday next year.

I have used a number of different MFT stamp sets to create this album, but the main set I used throughout the album is Lisa Johnson’s Circus Spectacular Die-namics and Stamp set.
 
The circus tent was stamped in red and layered using Die-namics Circle STAX Set 1 and Die-namics Circle STAX Set 2 . The ticket along the bottom of the cover was created using two stamps from the Circus Spectacular stamp set and the Die-namics Ticket Strip. The circle and arrow on the left side of the cover was created using the Die-namics Lead the Way set, you will see this die used throughout the album.

MFT CDBook2 wm

Here are the first pages of my book/album, on the inside cover I used the Die-namics Just the Ticket and Stamp Set for the ticket embellishment at the top left corner, this set works so well with the Circus Spectacular stamp set. I also used the Die-namics Star STAX to create the star on the bottom corner.

To decorate the first CD envelope I used the Die-namics Retro Squares along the bottom edge. The Die-namics Lead the Way is used on the top left hand corner and on the top right hand corner I used one of the animals (monkey) from the Lisa Johnson’s Circus Spectacular Die-namics and Stamp set. All three of these elements are repeated throughout the album, the only thing changing is which animal is featured in the right hand corner as all of the animals from the set was used.

In the pocket of the CD envelope I used one of the sentiments from the My Favorite Sentiments 6th Birthday Celebration Set.

MFT CDBook3 wm

Here is the next page of the album, in the centre of this pocket I have added a photo of my Grandson, William. I will probably replace these photos with better ones closer to when I need to use this, but these were the best I had at the time of photographing the album.

The only other thing different from the front page is the cage on the back of the first CD envelope and the lion is the animal featured on this page.

MFT CDBook4 wm

Moving onto the next page the only thing different here other than the seal, is the sentiment in the centre of the CD envelope. This is another sentiment from the My Favorite Sentiments 6th Birthday Celebration Set, and of course my Grandson is most definitely one of my favorite things Smile. The sentiment was stamped and layered using the Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX .

The words love and star on the arrow on this page are from the Die-namics Pretty Pocket Die & Stamp Set

MFT CDBook5 wm

On the next page I have again added a photo of my Grandson. The word Grandson on the arrow from the Die-namics Lead the Way was created using two sentiments from the Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon Die & Stamp Set. I used the “grand” from the word “grandpa” and then added the word “son” at the end.

MFT CDBook6 wm

On this page I used the Die-namics Masculine Graphic Tee Die & Stamp Set and also some of the sentiments from the Die-namics Baby Onesie Die & Stamp Set Combo. The Grandma’s and Boy are both from the Baby Onesie stamp set and the #1 is from the Masculine Graphic Tee stamp set.

The wow on the arrow is from the Die-namics Say What Die & Stamp Set.

MFT CDBook7 wm

And finally the last pages of the book, the images and dies used on these pages are a repeat of what was on the first envelope, as there are 5 animals in the Circus Spectacular stamp set and I have 6 envelopes in my book. Of course that is another photo of my Grandson.

Here are all the Die-namics I used for this project:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

129454244

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic


MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

Well that is it from me today, I hope you enjoyed my project today, I know I enjoyed creating it. One of the things I love about challenges is that they make you do things you mightn’t do if you weren’t challenged.

Be sure to check out the MFT Stamps Blog for a list of all participating designers who have put their MFT stamps and/or Die-namics dies to work to create a mini book for you today!

Stamps: Circus Spectacular; Just the Ticket; My Favorite Sentiments 6th Birthday Celebration Set; First Place Award; Masculine Graphic Tee; Say What; Pretty Pocket – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Burgundy; Tan; Chipboard; CD Envelopes; On the Move DP – Kaisercraft; Wellington DP – Dovecraft
Die-namics: Circus Spectacular; Circle Stax 1 & 2; Ticket Strip; Lead the Way; Retro Squares; Just the Ticket; Star Stax; Fishtail Flags Stax; Masculine Graphic Tee – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Red Ink; Antique Linen Distress Ink; Button; Hat Elastic; Foam Tape

#aa-owl-signature

20 comments:

Karen Giron said...

This is darling! I love how you used CD envelopes for your album - what sweet photos too :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Frances, William is so HANDSOME, I love your album!!~

Helen Berry said...

So adorable - I loved the cd envelope idea too!

Melody said...

I love the CD album idea Frances. I have never made one of these. I really like the idea.

zehra said...

So sweet, love the idea

PJH said...

Very cute! He will love it!!

Mary Mac said...

A real gift of love which will be cherished for.e.v.e.r. Great photos too especially the 1st one.

Mary Mac

JAVAGIRL said...

Greatini

Barbara said...

What a fabulous idea, Frances! I've never seen one of these--how perfect for your grandson! Who, by the way, is a real cutie!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh what a darling mini Frances! I love the sweet photos of Grandma's Boy and all the die cut animals! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sherrie said...

So darling...what a precious keepsake Frances!

scrappingnana said...

This is adorable and what a cutie your grandson is.

Unknown said...

how clever is THAT!

Queen Mary said...

The CD envelopes work perfectly here! What a great idea 0 thanks for sharing it!

Kim said...

What an awesome mini book, Frances!

Inge Groot said...

Now how cute is this, a sweet circus themed album soooo adorable! And how clever to use CD envelopes, FAB idea Frances!

Michele Lourenco said...


LOVE this!!
What a wonderful keepsake!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I love your mini board book!!! This is so adorable

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Frances, this is fabulous! SO cleaver...love the CD envelopes too and such a great idea to use the Circus Spectacular...absolutely adorable!!!
Hugs,t

Julie said...

Fabulous album Frances! Your grandson is just adorable!