Friday, August 24, 2012

Your Smile Brightens My Day!

MFT AllSmiles TriangleStar wm

Hi everyone,

My card today is a Triangle Star card that was a project at a stamp club that I attended recently.  I love these cards and they are so easy to make, you can find my tutorial on how to create these here.

MFT AllSmiles TriangleStar2 wm

I decorated the outside of my Triangle Star card using die-namics from My Favorite Things. The large flowers is the Die-namics Botanical Beauty I die cut this twice using the orange and script paper that I used for the front of the card and used all sides of the paper alternating papers and sizes. The flowers on the other point of the star is from the new Die-namics Layered Rose … I used the two smaller flowers from that die..

Around each of the main triangle points I edged using the Die-namics Little Open Scallop Strip

MFT AllSmiles TriangleStar3 wm

Here is my card once it is opened up. I used one of the sentiments from the All Smiles sentiment set. The sentiment is layered using the Die-namics Oval Stax and the Die-namics Oval Open Scallop Doily Duo .

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

Stamps: All Smiles – MFT Stamps
Paper: Cream; A Ladies Dairy Collection DP – Graphic 45
Die-namics: Botanical Beauty; Little Open Scallop Strip; Oval Open Scallop Doily Duo; Layered Rose; Oval Stax – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Antique Linen Distress Ink; Pearl Flourishes

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Mary Mac said...

Frances your card is beautiful - I really love those subdued colours. Thank you for sharing the great technique with us. I hope to give it a bash 'some day'but no promises :). Cutting straight lines is not my forte!

Mary Mac

Anonymous said...

Frances, this is brilliant!! What an amazing idea, and I love the paper you used for it too!!!

Debbie Carriere said...

How fun and beautiful!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just love this...from the soft colors to the fabulous style of card

Cindy Haffner said...

Just GORGEOUS!!~