Thursday, July 18, 2013

Calendar Girl!

CCEE1329-Calendar-Girl-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog.  Sabrina Friel our challenge hostess for the month of July continues to bring us some fun challenges.

Sabrina has challenged us this week to Sing, sing a song (sing out loud, sing out strong).We may not all have the most melodic voice, but we can all make a lovely card inspired by the lyrics of any song. Be sure to share the song too!

CCEE1329-Calendar-Girl-2-wm

I didn’t make a card for this challenge, instead I used the  theme to create my calendar page for July. Seeing I am no longer on the MFT Stamps Design Team I decided to use other stamps for my July page. The song I chose for this challenge is “ Calendar Girl” by Neil Sedaka…… I have a calendar and a girl it works for me Winking smile.

I love the new little girls recently released by Kraftin’ Kimmies Stamps which is what I used on my July page. The calendar was computer generated and printed onto white card. I also used a new die from Simon Says Stamps the Folded Banner to highlight the month of my calendar page.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Birthday Girl – Kraftin Kimmie Stamps; Ink Splat Texture – Stampendous
Paper: White; Blue; Pink; Purple
Other: Black Ink; Simon Says Stamps Folded Banner Die; MFT Die-namics Jumbo Clouds Stax; MFT Die-namics By The Letter Lower Case; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

7 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Oh, this was a brilliant idea, Frances! Love your little calendar!

Lois said...

A calendar and a girl -- works for me, too! Cute page for July.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a fun project! My DH and I have ALWAYS been Neil Sedaka fans....we remember all the words to this fun song. Great job, Frances.

Joanne (jojot) said...

I actually saw Neil sing this song in person a longggggg time ago....now it is going to play in my head all day.....good memoried....

I have been meaning to tell you that I will miss being enabled by your MFT posts....but maybe it will save me some money....lol

Kathy Bradley said...

Frances,
Wonderful and adorable!! Great song - awesome to dance along with too!

wannabcre8tive said...

I like your July calendar girl. She looks so carefree.
I love that song, too.

Sabrina said...

An inspired choice, Frances - I think your calendar works perfectly with your song, and is so sweet. I know some of Neil Sedaka's songs, but that was a new one to me.