Saturday, July 27, 2013

It’s Picnic Time

C4C196-Picnic-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week Andrea Murdock brings us her final challenge as hostess for July.

For our challenge this week Andrea has challenged us with the theme … Picnic Time!- Interpret this anyway you’d like! You could do a card with a checkered tablecloth background, a food card, a picnic invite, ice cream, fireworks, ANTS! Whatever picnic means to you!

Yes I am still playing with my Sizzix Pop N Cuts die I purchased recently. As I had already created a Picnic themed Pop Up card featuring ants which you can see here, I decided to go in another direction this week.

This week I decided to use this cute Bugs Picnic stamp from Alota Rubber stamps to create my card.  I have used the Sizzix Pop N Cuts Square Card with Ornate Edge for the card base … I love the shape this creates!

C4C196-Picnic2-wm

For the inside of my card I used the Sizzix Pop N Cuts Wavy Label Insert along with the Sizzix Wavy Label Framelits set.

I pulled out some really old picnic stamps from my stash from Museum of Modern Rubber. Along the lower edge of my card I have used a Picnic Border punch from EK Success which I think is now discontinued. I punched it out once from white card and then from red so that I could color the basket and pie that are on the top of the border.

C4C196-Picnic3-wm

.Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Bees Picnic – Alota Rubber Stamps; Picnic Stamps (inside) Museum of Modern Rubber
Paper: White; Red; Green; Kraft; DP
Other: Black Ink; Sizzix Pop N Cuts Square Card with Ornate Edge; Sizzix Pop N Cuts Wavy Label Insert; Sizzix Wavy Label Framelits; EK Success Picnic Border Punch; MFT Die-namics Fresh Cut Grass; Red Hemp Cord; Yellow Button; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

8 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

perfect image for the challenge and I love how you finished the inside!

fran said...

Wow! Love this!

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely fabulous in and out

Sarah Gough said...

That image is so perfect....you are making me want those dies!!

Barbara said...

Fab picnic card, Frances!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Look at you! Love the sweet edge card design with the wonderful scene, but to see the inside with pop up picnic table and food was just absolutely amazing, Frances! Love!

stampinganja said...

Great card, love all the details and how you did the inside!

Peggy said...

What an adorable card! I am loving all the pop and cuts!